• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stupid and hilarious Concealed Carry Badge video

Jack House

0072.png

Sonora Rebel

A year or so ago, when I was at a range, there was some guy outside twirling his .357's around like he was Dirty Harry.

I don't recall Clint Eastwoods character twirling anything around... besides, he carried a S&W .44 mag. Hardly a twirl gun. So what's that got to do with some gomer pointing a gun at a cop in a sales pitch for phoney CCW badges?

Last edited:

VW_Factor

From Sportsmans Guide a while ago (Im on their emailer list).. I seen a sale on a "CCW Wallet" that came with a badge inside.. At first, the feeling is. Hey, thats kinda official looking.. Kinda cool.

Then you realize.. Wait.. That may not be the greatest idea.. "Impersonating a police officer" comes to mind.. Even if you aren't or don't intend too, just having a silly badge might be enough for them to pick on you even further..

Then I see these silly videos. /facepalm indeed.

Sonora Rebel

From Sportsmans Guide a while ago (Im on their emailer list).. I seen a sale on a "CCW Wallet" that came with a badge inside.. At first, the feeling is. Hey, thats kinda official looking.. Kinda cool.

Then you realize.. Wait.. That may not be the greatest idea.. "Impersonating a police officer" comes to mind.. Even if you aren't or don't intend too, just having a silly badge might be enough for them to pick on you even further..

Then I see these silly videos. /facepalm indeed.

I saw the same thing in my last issue of the SG catalog. It's a wanna-be gimmick. They sell 'em on e-Bay too. My AzCWP is behind my drivers license in my wallet. 'Only time I show it is when I buy another gun.

since9

Campaign Veteran
You'll notice that the comments have been disabled.

I wonder why? :banghead:

Aside from the fact that it's a commercial?

Here's how it would actually go down:

Victim: "Honey, call 911. Tell them I am armed and am detaining the suspect of an attempted knife attack. Describe what I look like."

LEO to Victim: "Put your weapon down and step back towards my voice." (Victin complies)

LEO's partner to knife attacker: "Lay down on the ground, hands on top of your head."

After both are cuffed, they'll sort things out then. Whatever you do, never take your firearm off the perp except to lay it on the ground under the direction of the law enforcement officer. If he's super cool, he may tell you to holster it, but don't count on it - even if you're his next-door neighbor.

mahkagari

What I want to know is at WHAT point would this badge thingie work? Was there another half to the commercial (that they couldn't afford to include) that the assault victim whips it out at the attacker for when the police arrive? Or while he was swinging his gun toward the officer, he also reaches for his pocket for a "badge"? Oh, yeah. Because that makes it so much less likely you'll get shot.

HeroHog

What I WOULD buy is a flip ID/Permit wallet so you could show your DL and CHP easily. I'd keep my Insurance card in there as well!

zack991

It is almost as bad as those who buy miss America style banners that is neon green with ccw on it.

Last edited: