• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The taxpayers of Allentown just got stuck with an unnecessary $23,500 tab.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
The taxpayers of Allentown just got stuck with an unnecessary $23,500 tab.

That may not be much in a city that treats tax money like the water flowing over the Hamilton Street Dam (proposed new budget: $88.5 million), but it might have been avoided if people paid to enforce the law could be persuaded to obey it themselves.

On Oct. 6, 2008, Jerry Corliss, a law-abiding citizen who then lived in Allentown, was carrying a Glock handgun in a holster when he visited the Home Depot store just off Lehigh Street. It appears that somebody there became hysterical over the idea that anyone not in government might exercise his or her right to bear arms.

Carcharodon

protias

Whoda thunk a law abiding person could exercise his Constitutional rights? :banana:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I bet they don't do that again either but look at this state. How many cities, police departments, etc...have to be sued before they actually leave law abiding people alone?

And what is worse to me is that these very same people who took an Oath to uphold and support the Constitutions are the very same ones who harass, detain and arrest us for exercising those same rights.

Until police officers are held personally responsible not much is ever going to change with rogue officers.

Cobra469

I bet they don't do that again either but look at this state. How many cities, police departments, etc...have to be sued before they actually leave law abiding people alone?

And what is worse to me is that these very same people who took an Oath to uphold and support the Constitutions are the very same ones who harass, detain and arrest us for exercising those same rights.

Until police officers are held personally responsible not much is ever going to change with rogue officers.

It looks like this article is actually for Pennsylvania. Either way though replace the "this state" with "this country" and your spot on.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
It looks like this article is actually for Pennsylvania. Either way though replace the "this state" with "this country" and your spot on.

Yes, it is from Allentown, PA but you are correct, it applies to the entire country.

How many hundreds of lawsuits will be filed, dismissed, won, settled, etc and nothing will ever change? Why? Because the police have immunity and they know it. The laws have to change so they are held personally accountable for every illegal act they commit. Once that happens then we can restore our rights in this country.

M

McX

wonder what kind of a tab the citizens of madison, and brookfield will be picking up. the loss from time wasted by their lawyers, courts, and other officials wont be measured to be sure.