• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Details on my ordeal in Bellingham

amlevin

Unfortunately many are.

But there is a growing distrust of LEO in general.

And this article won't help regain any of it any time soon:

http://heraldnet.com/article/20110413/NEWS01/704139783/0/FRONTPAGE

A woman filed a complaint with Lynnwood, WA PD that she was raped. Police weren't satisfied with her story.

The woman was charged with false reporting. She was represented by a public defender and eventually pleaded guilty in Lynnwood Municipal Court. A judge granted her a deferred sentence and she was ordered to undergo mental health counseling and pay a $500 fine. The charge was dismissed in April 2010 once the woman met all the conditions of her sentence.

This occured in 2008. Today,

Now, three years later, Lynnwood police are trying to clear the woman's record after a suspected serial rapist was arrested in Colorado.

Apparently, if you are an emotional rape victim in Lynnwood, and you can't deal with the pressure of their inquiries, questioning, and accusations because they don't like what you tell them, they'll charge you, the victim.

Now they are wringing their hands and trying to clean the egg off their faces. Wonder why? Could it be the threat of a "Gerry Spence" type attorney begging her to take her case?

It sounds like this rape victim "got it again from the Lynnwood PD". This may sound a little offensive if your a Lynnwood PD officer but not as offensive as it was to the victim and to the public that they're supposed to be serving. Let the excuses begin.

amzbrady

Man, your cops sure do suck! I'll be your community is proud of such losers.

Bad cops are everywhere in the USA, but there are some good ones too. I still cringe when I watch the show cops, and know the I am only one of a million who is seeing the same show. I have to wonder how some of the cops are able to get away with what they do. Illegal search and siezures galore. Seems like attornies would be having a hayday with them.
On the up side from what I've read Washington state has better gun laws than Texas, we can openly carry a firearm and dont have to worry about printing when we conceal carry. Plus we dont have to worry about the hundreds of border patrol agents who are crooked and excepting money to look the other way while illegals cross the border with their families and drugs.

Deleted_User

This happened over a year ago. I wouldn't be hesitant, we all got to start the fight for the rights somewhere. I highly doubt your encounter would be a bad one this encounter happened many months after I had decided to open carry everywhere I go.

And yet people want to debate with me over why I carry sterile now. LEOs (to be fair.. some LEOs) care not for our rights, and this proves it. Good luck finding my ID on a stop :p

INSANE read SVG. This is just utterly insane.

M

McX

wow sudden valley! you held yourself quite well, the cops, and their leadership made ignorant fools of themselves. had they taken this into court they would have looked like complete idiots, and you would have carried the day. always fun to deal with the cops huh? i found out in Madison some time back how it is/ was.

amzbrady

My biggest fear isnt having to deal with the officers, it would be if they did decide to illegally arrest me, and I missed a day of work, that would destroy me financially and could cost me my job. It is posted in our work policies to report someone if they talk about knives and guns alot that they could be a threat. I love talking about guns, our 2A rights and open carry, but I have to curb my enthusiasm so I dont get reported to HR. I wished I worked for myself or was financially secure. I think it would be great to be a travelling trainer for local PD's.

heresolong

Man, your cops sure do suck! I'll be your community is proud of such losers.

To be fair, we actually have lots of really good officers also. The problem is it only takes one or two and you get a situation like SVG, especially if the one or two are up near the top like in his case.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
SVG we have heard your side of the story, you mentioned you did a public records requests (FOIA), how about posting that information as well as every story has two sides and this will give full disclosure?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
SVG we have heard your side of the story, you mentioned you did a public records requests (FOIA), how about posting that information as well as every story has two sides and this will give full disclosure?

BigDave,

To be fair, you and I both encourage others to do their own FOI requests. So I suggest you request it if you desire the other side. Remember, it is SVG that collected a check from Bellingham.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
BigDave,

To be fair, you and I both encourage others to do their own FOI requests. So I suggest you request it if you desire the other side. Remember, it is SVG that collected a check from Bellingham.

Sure I could do that just need a date, have the name and just to expedite things, why not just provide it.
Yes I am well aware of the settlement and this is not taking away from that and it may just make his side of the story stronger, who knows for sure?
So many will just look at one side and not the whole picture.

Last edited: