• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC around Longmont yesterday

mahkagari

I usually use my belly band to CC. It's so comfortable to drive in, I don't have to worry about my gun falling off in a toilet stall, or it hooking on every which thing. In the summer when I'm wearing a tshirt or tank top, I'll OC. Or if my sweater or other winter shirt is too tight that it'll just look stupid. I damaged my belly band, so I've been OCing more.

Wore my Taurus .357 on my hip out yesterday. When my fleece jacket was closed, it made an obnoxious bulge, so I just put my gun on the outside. Went to Murdoch's that way to pick up a knife set and to wander around for Xmas presents. One guy who was handing out samples or something did a double take and dropped his jaw. But I smiled and said hello and he seemed to recover. Soon after that however, I heard a call for a manager over the PA.

They stock Kingpin chairs (http://compare.ebay.com/like/110508...fc5e6bc&itemid=110508448053&ff4=263602_304662) and my kids spent a couple of minutes sitting in it. A friendly employee and I spent some time chatting about them. (They're awesome, BTW.) Saw a low price gunsafe that had a special with an extra free pistol box. Sorely tempted. Kids were getting restless so we headed out to lunch without anyone else batting an eye.

We went to Basil Flats and I took off my jacket at the table. I really didn't get up and walk around, but I'm sure a couple of people noticed me without making any deal of it. A family sitting next to us in particular. DEEEELICIOUS and excellent prices. I swear I could just sit and drink a vat of their roasted tomato sauce.

My wife wanted a BOGO Starbucks so we went across the parking lot. I took off my jacket and went to the counter to order. There was a crowd and I apologized to a woman who I thought I might have cut in front of. She said no but thanked me for checking. Actually had a pleasant conversation with her and another woman. By coincidence, the family from Basil Flats was in front of me. I accidentally bumped into the Mom with my gun and apologized. She didn't seem to notice. I had a complicated order with what my kids wanted so they mixed it up. It was one of those vanilla creme things and wasn't great. Too sweet. So was the pumpkin scone I had. I don't like coffee so I usually avoid them.

Moved on to Target and had my jacket on, but open. My gun was visible at various times reaching for things or standing with my hand on my hip, etc. No issues. Kids were as well behaved as could be expected, but still exhausting.

Last edited: