Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man arrested at San Diego airport after being awesome at TSA screening

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Man arrested at San Diego airport after being awesome at TSA screening

This is obviously off-topic, but it is here because the man that was arrested is a well-known open carrier on this board.

http://www.examiner.com/county-polit...an-diego-again

Sam, I love everything you are doing. Keep it up good sir and let me know if you need any assistance. If anybody in the Bay Area can make it to SFO on Wednesday, I'll be there handing out informational brochures on people's rights/options when it comes to dealing with the naked body scanners.

i foresee a HUGE lawsuit against the TSA and the San Diego Harbor Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisc411 View Post
    i foresee a HUGE lawsuit against the TSA and the San Diego Harbor Patrol
    Yes, but he's going up against a much bigger and more monied adversary this time. It's very chilling to charge someone for recording the event too. Very chilling

Moderator / Administrator
    What misdemeanor exists making it unlawful to film or record TSA screeners in San Diego?

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    California has no law against it. However, I have heard that San Diego city passed a law and the feds also have one.

I am pretty sure the bogus law wont stand up in court.
    Sounds like the ACLU should be jumping all over this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    What misdemeanor exists making it unlawful to film or record TSA screeners in San Diego?
    Here you go... http://www.san.org/documents/corp_se...%20Filming.pdf

7.14 (a) No person shall take still, motion or sound motion pictures or voice recordings on the facilities and airports under the jurisdiction of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority (the “Authority”) without written permission from the Authority’s Executive Director or his or her designee.
    (b) Filming of X-ray equipment located on the facilities and airports under the jurisdiction of the Authority is strictly prohibited. Any person(s) caught filming such X-ray equipment may have their film confiscated.
    Last edited by ConditionThree; 11-21-2010 at 06:12 PM.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    and illegally recording the San Diego Airport Authority (they confiscated his iPhone); violation number 7.14 (a).”
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Powell also stated that there was another arrest of a woman who was allegedly illegally filming the x-ray, and TSA screening process with a video camera. The young woman’s camera was confiscated and she was given a citation and released from Harbor Police custody.

Prolly got a pic of Sam in his tidy whities
    Last edited by Gundude; 11-21-2010 at 06:23 PM.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bad_ace's Avatar
    Proud of you Sam! I found the article in a completely different area of interest I have and noticed your name

Keep it up! I'm working on some tools to help keep the videos captured on your iphone secured from viewing and deletion, stay tuned.

Seems to me these "codes" would be preempted by the states wiretapping laws. PC 632

What's that brass clanging sound I hear? Oh, that's just Sam going to the airport!

This perfectly demonstrates the organizational stupidity of TSA. The reason for a pat-down, enhanced or otherwise, is to detect weapons hidden underneath the clothing. When they have his clothing in hand where they can inspect it, and can visually see that he has nothing beneath his clothing, then they have no rational basis for insisting that he wear his clothing while it gets patted down.

And it wasn't clear from the article, but it doesn't sound like he refused to be patted down while in nothing but his Calvin Kleins -- they just didn't want to do that.

The purpose of the gate rape has been obvious to liberty advocates for some time, and now the general public is starting to wake up. It's not for security: it's to intimidate.

"But - 9/11!"
    How many planes were blown up on 9/11? Zero.
    How many illegal weapons were used by hijackers on 9/11? Zero (knives with 3.5" blades were legal on aircraft at the time).
    How many planes taking off from U.S. airports have been blown up with bombs? Three known, one suspected, the most recent in 1962.

On 9/11, the airplanes were not the targets; they were the weapons. Over 9 years later, the government still hasn't figured that out.

Arm the passengers. DUH!

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    Arm the passengers. DUH!
    That would make WAY too much sense.

Now on to the reasons that we are not likely to EVER see an end to even more invasive searches.
    The government created a group that makes its living by purportedly keeping terrorists from attacking with airplanes. I would assume that if this group (TSA) were effective, then we would actually see news reports of such terrorists being discovered and apprehended during the screenings. I cannot recall ONE such news report. But I DO recall at least two news reports (shoe bomber and underwear bomber) of terrorists that DID make it onto aircraft with likely intent to harm. So, the ONLY TWO such attacks since 9/11 that I know of, were not stopped! The org is ineffective, the people know it, so the only way for them to save face (in their twisted minds) is to make it more intrusive until they actually STOP terrorists before they get past them.
    Last edited by wrightme; 11-21-2010 at 09:25 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
    Yes, but he's going up against a much bigger and more monied adversary this time. It's very chilling to charge someone for recording the event too. Very chilling
    I see problems for sam for this grandstanding event.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Arm the passengers. DUH!
    How much time was wasted on Flight 93 while our fellow patriots tried to create make-shift weapons to battle the hijackers with? Imagine the possible different, more positive outcomes if they had not had their 2A rights stripped away merely for being on a plane. This is the problem with reasonable restrictions!

Sam, good work on publicly proving just how stupid government workers are (to hell with the rules on this one). They just have to feel you up because that's procedure...with not one single government lacky smart enough to just laugh it off and say...point proven...enjoy your flight sir. Morons.

I refuse to fly again until this insanity stops. So my Christmas holiday plans are now out the window. And flying is a business requirement for me, of which I have yet to come up with a viable alternative solution.

And to take it one step further, now they talking about some sort of pre-security clearance program for frequent travelers! Something akin to a frequent flyer license. What a joke! Guilty until proven innocent.

I'm with you coolusename. I refuse to fly and am working on an email to sent to the major carriers letting them know that the ball is in their hands on this one. I am planning a big vacation for the family for the 4th of July. It would cost us around $2000 to fly 3 people round trip to Oklahoma. Instead we will probably drive my truck and camp along the way spending mayby 1000-1500 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ConsideringOC View Post
    I see problems for sam for this grandstanding event.
    Grandstanding? No. Sam (like many of the folks on this board) is a liberty-minded individual who is willing to stand on principle in real world situations, rather than just give lip service via the internet.

Does anyone know how Isreal handles their airline security? I am asking before I do an internet search.

And a question. Considering that they won't arm the passengers, what kind of security should there be before boading a plane?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bad_ace's Avatar
    Arm the passengers. DUH!
    Lots of pilots are armed, and currently they are still being forced to go through the same naked body scanner/groping sessions. Hello?! If you trust a man to pilot the plane (which could be used as a missile) and carry a gun, you have to trust that his underwear are concealing explosives!

Quote Originally Posted by bad_ace View Post
    Lots of pilots are armed, and currently they are still being forced to go through the same naked body scanner/groping sessions. Hello?! If you trust a man to pilot the plane (which could be used as a missile) and carry a gun, you have to trust that his underwear are concealing explosives!
    *sarcasm on* But think of the chiiillldren *sarcasm off*

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Does anyone know how Isreal handles their airline security? I am asking before I do an internet search.
    http://www.thestar.com/news/world/ar...-little-bother

And a question. Considering that they won't arm the passengers, what kind of security should there be before boading a plane?
    My understanding is they use a multi tiered level of PROFILING at the terminal. Security observes and detains all suspicious looking people at various points from the curbside to the lobby to the airline ticket window to the gateside. They ignore particular people and focus on behaviors, styles of dress and believe it or not ethnicity and age groups. And as there are multiple points and multiple people profiling at all these areas, would be terrorist have a harder time getting through all of them. Unlike in America 1 single security point.

They have a very low rate of missing bad people... I have to believe that a country that has been on the absoulte front line of terrorism for 60+ years of trial and error they have figured out a good way to catch bad guys.

Personally I think the only way to prevent terrorists on a plane is to arm every passenger. I bet ya the passenger on flight 93 realized that the fundamental inalienable right to defend your life should not be given into the hands of the government or the TSA.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

I had an interesting experience going through security at the Peruta hearing.
    I have high tech hearing aids. They are bluetooth capable, and feature a wireless hookup for television audio. It also has a remote control for on and off, volumne, and mode control. (like I need another remote control)
    I put the remote in the little tray. The screener looked at it and asked what it was. I told him it was a remote for my hearing aid. He hesitated and then said...."OK, I'll buy that."
    I thought that was a strange response.

I had an interesting experience going through security at the Peruta hearing.
    I have high tech hearing aids. They are bluetooth capable, and feature a wireless hookup for television audio. It also has a remote control for on and off, volumne, and mode control. (like I need another remote control)
    I put the remote in the little tray. The screener looked at it and asked what it was. I told him it was a remote for my hearing aid. He hesitated and then said...."OK, I'll buy that."
    I thought that was a strange response.
    You should have told him, "Not for sale," buy his own.

Edit: Any word about Sam?
    Last edited by CenTex; 11-24-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Sam hasn't gone virual on the cable news channels yet. I expect them to pick it up this week. I heard some "groping grandma" stuff this morning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast