• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man arrested at San Diego airport after being awesome at TSA screening

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Arm the passengers. DUH!

Lots of pilots are armed, and currently they are still being forced to go through the same naked body scanner/groping sessions. Hello?! If you trust a man to pilot the plane (which could be used as a missile) and carry a gun, you have to trust that his underwear are concealing explosives! :banghead:

chewy352

Lots of pilots are armed, and currently they are still being forced to go through the same naked body scanner/groping sessions. Hello?! If you trust a man to pilot the plane (which could be used as a missile) and carry a gun, you have to trust that his underwear are concealing explosives! :banghead:

*sarcasm on* But think of the chiiillldren *sarcasm off*

Firemark

Does anyone know how Isreal handles their airline security? I am asking before I do an internet search.

And a question. Considering that they won't arm the passengers, what kind of security should there be before boading a plane?

My understanding is they use a multi tiered level of PROFILING at the terminal. Security observes and detains all suspicious looking people at various points from the curbside to the lobby to the airline ticket window to the gateside. They ignore particular people and focus on behaviors, styles of dress and believe it or not ethnicity and age groups. And as there are multiple points and multiple people profiling at all these areas, would be terrorist have a harder time getting through all of them. Unlike in America 1 single security point.

They have a very low rate of missing bad people... I have to believe that a country that has been on the absoulte front line of terrorism for 60+ years of trial and error they have figured out a good way to catch bad guys.

Personally I think the only way to prevent terrorists on a plane is to arm every passenger. I bet ya the passenger on flight 93 realized that the fundamental inalienable right to defend your life should not be given into the hands of the government or the TSA.

Gundude

I had an interesting experience going through security at the Peruta hearing.
I have high tech hearing aids. They are bluetooth capable, and feature a wireless hookup for television audio. It also has a remote control for on and off, volumne, and mode control. (like I need another remote control)
I put the remote in the little tray. The screener looked at it and asked what it was. I told him it was a remote for my hearing aid. He hesitated and then said...."OK, I'll buy that."
I thought that was a strange response.

CenTex

I had an interesting experience going through security at the Peruta hearing.
I have high tech hearing aids. They are bluetooth capable, and feature a wireless hookup for television audio. It also has a remote control for on and off, volumne, and mode control. (like I need another remote control)
I put the remote in the little tray. The screener looked at it and asked what it was. I told him it was a remote for my hearing aid. He hesitated and then said...."OK, I'll buy that."
I thought that was a strange response.

You should have told him, "Not for sale," buy his own.

Edit: Any word about Sam?

Last edited:

Gundude

Sam hasn't gone virual on the cable news channels yet. I expect them to pick it up this week. I heard some "groping grandma" stuff this morning.

Gundude

The vids are probably evidence. The lady was cited for taking them and they confiscated her camera. Sam's phone was confiscated.

JoeSparky

Centurion
The vids are probably evidence. The lady was cited for taking them and they confiscated her camera. Sam's phone was confiscated.
Since they have "regulations" prohibiting the photography or videotaping of the TSA employees at work or the equipment used by the TSA employees, they will seize (and have) the devices and use them as evidence against those possessing them at the time they were seized!

In no way are you to read in the above statement that I think these actions are in any way "CONSTITUTIONAL" as I view the entire TSA and several other federal level agencies as blatantly UNCONSTITUTIONAL at the outset!

ryanburbridge

I just heard Sam on the John and Ken show on KFI AM 640. He sounded very professional and hearing the story from his mouth only upsets me more. I say thank you Sam for what you are doing. We need to beat back the ever encroaching liberty oppressing government. We must take a stand aginst tyranny now.

Please keep us posted with anything new happening.

I am not advocating violence by the people aginst the government.
We were given tools to demand redress of grievances without violence.
We were also provided the tools to use violence as a LAST resort to throw off an unjust government. I pray enough people will be willing IF and EVER that time comes.

Robin47

Good going Sam !
Yeah way back after 911, I could see just how much government was going to gain in
the control of people, but never thought people would put up with groping of their person.

Its really becoming unbelievable, what people will put up with here in America.
I new I would never fly after 911, because of the dumb things that would happen after that time.

I say arm all passengers, and you should be good to go.
Imagine a bad guy wanting to holdup a plane, and 30 -50 guns aimed at him ! :) Robin47

Last edited:

AyatollahGondola

Good going Sam !
I say arm all passengers, and you should be good to go.
Imagine a bad guy wanting to holdup a plane, and 30 -50 guns aimed at him ! :) Robin47

Well, there's still another threat now though. And to put it into perspective, it might be akin to 100 passengers, all armed with spear guns, knives, and swords, crossing an ocean in an inflatable boat. :)

I haven't flown since...I'm remembering...1993 or so. I'm sure glad I've missed out on all these wonderful changes

Last edited:

wrightme

Well, there's still another threat now though. And to put it into perspective, it might be akin to 100 passengers, all armed with spear guns, knives, and swords, crossing an ocean in an inflatable boat. :)

I haven't flown since...I'm remembering...1993 or so. I'm sure glad I've missed out on all these wonderful changes

No, not a valid comparison. A hole from a gunshot in an airframe is not analogous to a hole in an inflatable boat from a sharp object.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
http://www.pennandteller.com/03/coolstuff/penniphile/roadpennfederalvip.html

<snip>
Last Thursday I was flying to LA on the Midnight flight. I went through security my usual sour stuff. I beeped, of course, and was shuttled to the "toss-em" line. A security guy came over. I assumed the position. I had a button up shirt on that was untucked. He reached around while he was behind me and grabbed around my front pocket. I guess he was going for my flashlight, but the area could have loosely been called "crotch." I said, "You have to ask me before you touch me or it's assault."

He said, "Once you cross that line, I can do whatever I want."

Status
Not open for further replies.