Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lil_freak_66 followed by cops after getting kicked out of McDonalds

Banned

lil_freak_66 followed by cops after getting kicked out of McDonalds

Followed by two cop cars. Kimberguy wasn't with you was he?

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Oookay,would anybody care to elaborate as to what took place at the Mcdonalds
    to get kicked out. After listening to the 6 minutes of nothing on the porcupine channel
    Im still not sure what happened. And just a heads up when you click on that link it shows
    phone numbers.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    those phone numbers all show up on the porcupine website too
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

LOL_Durand
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Banned
    I wish I lived in MI. I feel a connection to you guys. Maybe it's the Teamster in me coming out. Maybe it's the ak-47 / ar-15 carrying (holstered) spirit that lives inside me. I don't know.

This thread is mildly useless. Check that, it's completely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    Maybe freak will reply to it with the whole story and make it more useful.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

I stopped in for some food and a drink on my way to clarkston.

as soon as the cashier saw my sidearm(i do personally know her),she completely freaked out,raised her voice,pointed..and told me to go,so i did.

then i headed toward the ironhorse for food(where i planned to go unarmed due to alcohol)but by the time i got over to it i had LEO's behind me,so i just decided to be on my way and get my food somewhere else.

Durand LEO left me once he got to the station,county followed me onto the highway and stuck with me for a bit.

I called because i thought i was gonna have to deal with them and have a bad encounter.

I contacted Corporate,waiting response on corporate policy,i must say the operator person that i talked to was very nice,helpful and seemed concerned,when i get a copy of corporate policy,i will make it public immediately.

And no,there were no long arms or "michigan pistols"

Dont know if i should FOIA for anything the LEO's might have had said?
    Last edited by lil_freak_66; 11-22-2010 at 03:40 PM.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    I stopped in for some food and a drink on my way to clarkston.

as soon as the cashier saw my sidearm(i do personally know her),she completely freaked out,raised her voice,pointed..and told me to go,so i did.

then i headed toward the ironhorse for food(where i planned to go unarmed due to alcohol)but by the time i got over to it i had LEO's behind me,so i just decided to be on my way and get my food somewhere else.

Durand LEO left me once he got to the station,county followed me onto the highway and stuck with me for a bit.

I called because i thought i was gonna have to deal with them and have a bad encounter.

I contacted Corporate,waiting response on corporate policy,i must say the operator person that i talked to was very nice,helpful and seemed concerned,when i get a copy of corporate policy,i will make it public immediately.

And no,there were no long arms or "michigan pistols"

Audio of Call with Manager below:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aopVYv-qJ4w

Some McD's are not corporate owned, but rather by francisees.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post

What does it matter what the LEOs said? They didn't stop or detain you.

Banned
    If it were me, I'd like to know if there was a 911 call. What was said in the call. Who made the call. I'd also like to know if they ran my plates and the reason (even though it is perfectly legal). Maybe any other radio communication between the two cops and dispatch.

I don't know what that would cost up there, but here probably around $25. It also lets them know you're watching them.

Quote Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
    I'd also like to know if they ran my plates and the reason (even though it is perfectly legal).
    It is? Last I knew, misuse of LEIN was a crime.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    He meant OC is legal....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    It is? Last I knew, misuse of LEIN was a crime.
    How are you going to prove the cop didn't think it was a suspicious car? A speeding car, but decided to use officer discretion and let it go? He thought he recognized the driver as a suspect in another crime? He suspected the car of matching the description of a stolen car?

Last I checked it was a privilege to drive a car.

I don't agree with the information network, but if I am wrong and cops have been prosecuted or punished for following a vehicle and running the plates please let me know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinklerguy28 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66

What they said may indicate illegal or unauthorized activity and incriminate them. Based on their behavior, unauthorized LEIN searches or other unauthorized use of resources in tailing a citizen without RAS or PC are possible violations freak may discover. These abuses and wastes of tax dollars, if existing, are actionable with complaints or legal remedies, depending on severity. I don't think it's likely freak will find something actionable, but you never know.
    Last edited by DanM; 11-22-2010 at 03:58 PM.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    He meant OC is legal....
    I wasn't talking about OC. I've never heard that running plates is illegal. Around here some cop cars have cameras on the light bars and those cameras are tied into a database. They check all the plates photographed against a list of cars they are looking for. This includes stolen vehicles, stolen plates, expired plates, warrants, etc.

Link with video

There are cameras on sections of freeway across the United States that have cameras too.

Running your plate through LEIN is legal. There is no expectation of privacy in regards to your license plate.

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post

agreed, they did what we want them to do when they get a call about a MWAG take a look around and then leave if nothing bad is going on.

Running your plate through LEIN is legal. There is no expectation of privacy in regards to your license plate.
    +1
    Last edited by NHCGRPR45; 11-22-2010 at 05:24 PM.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Okay here I go sticking my head in a hornets nest again.

Why is it that I can OC and CC for over decades and only once have an issue, yet there is a tiny group here who every damn time they OC it seems have police problems or get constantly kicked out of places, or have people supposedly calling MWAG on them all the time or other drama. I see many threads on just a very tiny number of people who seem to be what we called SH*T magnets when I was an investigator. I am not trying to piss anyone off here but if you are a SH*T magnet maybe you might make your life easier by some self examination. Cripe didn't we have drama a few months ago with a couple handing out leaflets and having the cops follow them, that alone makes me wonder how someone can gain so much unneeded attention literally every where they go. If I gained this much negative attention I would evaluate what I was doing to deserve so much attention and adjust my attitude or what I was doing for the betterment of everyone in the OC movement.

I carry a very large framed Autoloader that's very noticeable and nothing ever happens to me, why is this......

I truly believe that when one is involved with this site and promoting OC then one has a duty to not be a OC SH*T magnet. Call me simple, but it really is a simple concept.

Oh and the last three incidents I had was a year old man walking up to me and asking about OC and then shook my hand and raised me for having the guts to do that and then introduced himself as a just retired police officer. One other was a man about 77 years old at Walmart who literally pushed his cart in front of mine thanked me for doing OC. The only ODD thing was a Biker wearing colors and in bad need of a bath and grooming who followed me around hiding at the isle end caps while talking to someone on the cell phone the retired police officer even noticed him and laughed. We were all betting he was calling 911 and reporting MWAG, but the police never showed, and I am guessing they knew by his description who I was.
    Last edited by Bailenforcer; 11-22-2010 at 07:15 PM.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailenforcer View Post
    I see many threads on just a very tiny number of people who seem to be what we called SH*T magnets when I was an investigator. I am not trying to piss anyone off here but if you are a SH*T magnet maybe you might make your life easier by some self examination.

I truly believe that when one is involved with this site and promoting OC then one has a duty to not be a OC SH*T magnet. Call me simple, but it really is a simple concept.
    Maybe they should dress better and get a haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailenforcer View Post
    Okay here I go sticking my head in a hornets nest again.

Why is it that I can OC and CC for over decades and only once have an issue, yet there is a tiny group here who every damn time they OC it seems have police problems or get constantly kicked out of places, or have people supposedly calling MWAG on them all the time or other drama. I see many threads on just a very tiny number of people who seem to be what we called SH*T magnets when I was an investigator. I am not trying to piss anyone off here but if you are a SH*T magnet maybe you might make your life easier by some self examination. Cripe didn't we have drama a few months ago with a couple handing out leaflets and having the cops follow them, that alone makes me wonder how someone can gain so much unneeded attention literally every where they go. If I gained this much negative attention I would evaluate what I was doing to deserve so much attention and adjust my attitude or what I was doing for the betterment of everyone in the OC movement.
    I don't know what happened in this incident so I'm not going to pass judgment.

But I know what you are talking about. There are some people out there that can't do anything without drawing attention to themselves. Whether the attention is good, bad or in between they don't care as long as they get attention.

Since I have never seen them I cant say. But attitude can attract much unneeded attention. And attitude also shows even when a person says nothing all too often.

I am only addressing the many threads that a tiny group has posted, started and complained in that they always get picked on shall I say. I have read nearly all of those posts and threads and I see a consistent pattern, demeanor and attitude which would cause even me to wonder what they might be up to, and I am as laid back as they get when it comes to Constitutional issues of personal rights.

When I see that most people here open carry or go about their daily lives with no problems, and a few cant seem to go to the mailbox without drama. Usually there is a reason and maybe they don't realize what they are doing to attract negative attention. I wish I knew them so I could help by giving some tips or advice. Granted we are all only human and I am not denigrating them, because I have no idea how they were raised. But when someone is an adult he/she must find out how to act like one and even seek out advice, as we do not know all. Sometimes we cant see what we are doing wrong and should ask another who we see has no problems in that area we struggle with. Sadly we no longer have a society where the younger people can seek out elders for wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
    Maybe they should dress better and get a haircut.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    those phone numbers all show up on the porcupine website too
    Can this option be changed for the Michigan P411? I personally wouldn't want to use a system that publishes my personal phone number for all to see.

Until then, I will refrain from using this system.

ETA: "for the Michigan P411"
    Last edited by T Vance; 11-23-2010 at 09:38 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by T Vance View Post
    Can this option be changed? I personally wouldn't want to use a system that publishes my personal phone number for all to see.

Until then, I will refrain from using this system.
    How would you eliminate abuse of the system if #'s were not published?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast