• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

lil_freak_66 followed by cops after getting kicked out of McDonalds

DetroitBiker

Oookay,would anybody care to elaborate as to what took place at the Mcdonalds
to get kicked out. After listening to the 6 minutes of nothing on the porcupine channel
Im still not sure what happened. And just a heads up when you click on that link it shows
phone numbers.

kwikrnu

Banned
I wish I lived in MI. I feel a connection to you guys. Maybe it's the Teamster in me coming out. Maybe it's the ak-47 / ar-15 carrying (holstered) spirit that lives inside me. I don't know.

lil_freak_66

I stopped in for some food and a drink on my way to clarkston.

as soon as the cashier saw my sidearm(i do personally know her),she completely freaked out,raised her voice,pointed..and told me to go,so i did.

then i headed toward the ironhorse for food(where i planned to go unarmed due to alcohol)but by the time i got over to it i had LEO's behind me,so i just decided to be on my way and get my food somewhere else.

Durand LEO left me once he got to the station,county followed me onto the highway and stuck with me for a bit.

I called because i thought i was gonna have to deal with them and have a bad encounter.

I contacted Corporate,waiting response on corporate policy,i must say the operator person that i talked to was very nice,helpful and seemed concerned,when i get a copy of corporate policy,i will make it public immediately.

And no,there were no long arms or "michigan pistols"

Dont know if i should FOIA for anything the LEO's might have had said?

Last edited:

TheQ

I stopped in for some food and a drink on my way to clarkston.

as soon as the cashier saw my sidearm(i do personally know her),she completely freaked out,raised her voice,pointed..and told me to go,so i did.

then i headed toward the ironhorse for food(where i planned to go unarmed due to alcohol)but by the time i got over to it i had LEO's behind me,so i just decided to be on my way and get my food somewhere else.

Durand LEO left me once he got to the station,county followed me onto the highway and stuck with me for a bit.

I called because i thought i was gonna have to deal with them and have a bad encounter.

I contacted Corporate,waiting response on corporate policy,i must say the operator person that i talked to was very nice,helpful and seemed concerned,when i get a copy of corporate policy,i will make it public immediately.

And no,there were no long arms or "michigan pistols"

Audio of Call with Manager below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aopVYv-qJ4w

Some McD's are not corporate owned, but rather by francisees.

kwikrnu

Banned
If it were me, I'd like to know if there was a 911 call. What was said in the call. Who made the call. I'd also like to know if they ran my plates and the reason (even though it is perfectly legal). Maybe any other radio communication between the two cops and dispatch.

I don't know what that would cost up there, but here probably around $25. It also lets them know you're watching them.

kwikrnu

Banned
It is? Last I knew, misuse of LEIN was a crime.

How are you going to prove the cop didn't think it was a suspicious car? A speeding car, but decided to use officer discretion and let it go? He thought he recognized the driver as a suspect in another crime? He suspected the car of matching the description of a stolen car?

Last I checked it was a privilege to drive a car.

I don't agree with the information network, but if I am wrong and cops have been prosecuted or punished for following a vehicle and running the plates please let me know. Thanks.

DanM

lil_freak_66 said:

What does it matter what the LEOs said? They didn't stop or detain you.

What they said may indicate illegal or unauthorized activity and incriminate them. Based on their behavior, unauthorized LEIN searches or other unauthorized use of resources in tailing a citizen without RAS or PC are possible violations freak may discover. These abuses and wastes of tax dollars, if existing, are actionable with complaints or legal remedies, depending on severity. I don't think it's likely freak will find something actionable, but you never know.

Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
He meant OC is legal....

I wasn't talking about OC. I've never heard that running plates is illegal. Around here some cop cars have cameras on the light bars and those cameras are tied into a database. They check all the plates photographed against a list of cars they are looking for. This includes stolen vehicles, stolen plates, expired plates, warrants, etc.

Link with video

There are cameras on sections of freeway across the United States that have cameras too.

NHCGRPR45

This thread is mildly useless. Check that, it's completely useless.

What does it matter what the LEOs said? They didn't stop or detain you.

agreed, they did what we want them to do when they get a call about a MWAG take a look around and then leave if nothing bad is going on.

Running your plate through LEIN is legal. There is no expectation of privacy in regards to your license plate.

+1

Last edited:

Bailenforcer

Okay here I go sticking my head in a hornets nest again.

Why is it that I can OC and CC for over decades and only once have an issue, yet there is a tiny group here who every damn time they OC it seems have police problems or get constantly kicked out of places, or have people supposedly calling MWAG on them all the time or other drama. I see many threads on just a very tiny number of people who seem to be what we called SH*T magnets when I was an investigator. I am not trying to piss anyone off here but if you are a SH*T magnet maybe you might make your life easier by some self examination. Cripe didn't we have drama a few months ago with a couple handing out leaflets and having the cops follow them, that alone makes me wonder how someone can gain so much unneeded attention literally every where they go. If I gained this much negative attention I would evaluate what I was doing to deserve so much attention and adjust my attitude or what I was doing for the betterment of everyone in the OC movement.

I carry a very large framed Autoloader that's very noticeable and nothing ever happens to me, why is this......

I truly believe that when one is involved with this site and promoting OC then one has a duty to not be a OC SH*T magnet. Call me simple, but it really is a simple concept.

Oh and the last three incidents I had was a year old man walking up to me and asking about OC and then shook my hand and raised me for having the guts to do that and then introduced himself as a just retired police officer. One other was a man about 77 years old at Walmart who literally pushed his cart in front of mine thanked me for doing OC. The only ODD thing was a Biker wearing colors and in bad need of a bath and grooming who followed me around hiding at the isle end caps while talking to someone on the cell phone the retired police officer even noticed him and laughed. We were all betting he was calling 911 and reporting MWAG, but the police never showed, and I am guessing they knew by his description who I was.

Last edited: