• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

lil_freak_66 followed by cops after getting kicked out of McDonalds

kwikrnu

Banned
I see many threads on just a very tiny number of people who seem to be what we called SH*T magnets when I was an investigator. I am not trying to piss anyone off here but if you are a SH*T magnet maybe you might make your life easier by some self examination.

I truly believe that when one is involved with this site and promoting OC then one has a duty to not be a OC SH*T magnet. Call me simple, but it really is a simple concept.

Maybe they should dress better and get a haircut. :rolleyes:

budlight

Okay here I go sticking my head in a hornets nest again.

Why is it that I can OC and CC for over decades and only once have an issue, yet there is a tiny group here who every damn time they OC it seems have police problems or get constantly kicked out of places, or have people supposedly calling MWAG on them all the time or other drama. I see many threads on just a very tiny number of people who seem to be what we called SH*T magnets when I was an investigator. I am not trying to piss anyone off here but if you are a SH*T magnet maybe you might make your life easier by some self examination. Cripe didn't we have drama a few months ago with a couple handing out leaflets and having the cops follow them, that alone makes me wonder how someone can gain so much unneeded attention literally every where they go. If I gained this much negative attention I would evaluate what I was doing to deserve so much attention and adjust my attitude or what I was doing for the betterment of everyone in the OC movement.

I don't know what happened in this incident so I'm not going to pass judgment.

But I know what you are talking about. There are some people out there that can't do anything without drawing attention to themselves. Whether the attention is good, bad or in between they don't care as long as they get attention.

Bailenforcer

Since I have never seen them I cant say. But attitude can attract much unneeded attention. And attitude also shows even when a person says nothing all too often.

I am only addressing the many threads that a tiny group has posted, started and complained in that they always get picked on shall I say. I have read nearly all of those posts and threads and I see a consistent pattern, demeanor and attitude which would cause even me to wonder what they might be up to, and I am as laid back as they get when it comes to Constitutional issues of personal rights.

When I see that most people here open carry or go about their daily lives with no problems, and a few cant seem to go to the mailbox without drama. Usually there is a reason and maybe they don't realize what they are doing to attract negative attention. I wish I knew them so I could help by giving some tips or advice. Granted we are all only human and I am not denigrating them, because I have no idea how they were raised. But when someone is an adult he/she must find out how to act like one and even seek out advice, as we do not know all. Sometimes we cant see what we are doing wrong and should ask another who we see has no problems in that area we struggle with. Sadly we no longer have a society where the younger people can seek out elders for wisdom.

T Vance

If numbers are published, then ANYONE can see them which could lead to abuse of the system.

- So some teenager could start pranking the person.
- Someone on this site that may not like the person who's number is published could give their number a telemarketer.
- Could lead to harrassment/death threats from anti-gun group members (it's happened to others already).

Last edited:

scot623

If numbers are published, then ANYONE can see them which could lead to abuse of the system.

- So some teenager could start pranking the person.
- Someone on this site that may not like the person who's number is published and give their number a telemarketer.
- Could lead to harrassment/death threats from anti-gun group members (it's happened to others already).

I certainly wouldn't want my personal information released.

kwikrnu

Banned
I certainly wouldn't want my personal information released.

If numbers are not released then anyone could call and report anything they wanted. It is a cheap service that can protect rights. Feel free not to use it. I thank the people that paid for it.

Last edited:

T Vance

If numbers are not released then anyone could call and report anything they wanted.

So??? I'd rather have that problem then have my phone number published for ALL to see.

BTW, I just remembered something. If you press *67 before you make the phone call to Porcupine 411, you should be able to block your number from being seen. Problem is, I doubt people would remember to do that if they were in a hectic situation requiring them to call Porcupine 411.

Bronson

BTW, I just remembered something. If you press *67 before you make the phone call to Porcupine 411, you should be able to block your number from being seen. Problem is, I doubt people would remember to do that if they were in a hectic situation requiring them to call Porcupine 411.

Could the *67 prefix be added to the P411 number in the phone's speed dial or is the *67 something you have to dial and then wait for a confirmation before entering the # you want to call?

Bronson

T Vance

Could the *67 prefix be added to the P411 number in the phone's speed dial or is the *67 something you have to dial and then wait for a confirmation before entering the # you want to call?

Bronson

Good call! Can't believe I didn't think of that. You could always give it a try with another number to test it out (call a cell next to you and see if it works), or you could make a test call to Porcupine 411 that way.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
It is? Last I knew, misuse of LEIN was a crime.

Then CAN run your plate to see who the registered driver is. A LIEN is run after a stop. Courts have ruled that running a plate is allowed as it's in plain site. They also say that RAS exists for a stop if for example the person driving is male and the plates show a female as the registered owner. In this case the LEO is allowed to make a stop to determine if the car is stolen, etc...

That is why some people register their cars to a corporation (It's Expensive) or into a trust.

As for a LEIN who do they run it on??? The person that is requested to the car (Plates) may be different than the person driving, so not sure what good that does.

Talked with my local Chief and he said some departments have programs that run a LIEN automatically with a plate run and some don't. He stated that as long as they have RAS they can run a LIEN. They can run a plate without RAS and as stated some departments have a LEIN on the registered owner automatically.

For instance I asked if a person's son was driving a car and the LEO ran his plate and it came back registered to the father and there was a Warrant on the father can the LEO stop the car. The Chief said yes, but as soon as the driver was found not to be the person with the warrant the stop has to end and they would not be allowed to run the drivers info, etc...

Last edited:

Beerme

Banned
and a shower
wouldnt hurt
Just sayin

Okay here I go sticking my head in a hornets nest again.

Why is it that I can OC and CC for over decades and only once have an issue, yet there is a tiny group here who every damn time they OC it seems have police problems or get constantly kicked out of places, or have people supposedly calling MWAG on them all the time or other drama. I see many threads on just a very tiny number of people who seem to be what we called SH*T magnets when I was an investigator. I am not trying to piss anyone off here but if you are a SH*T magnet maybe you might make your life easier by some self examination. Cripe didn't we have drama a few months ago with a couple handing out leaflets and having the cops follow them, that alone makes me wonder how someone can gain so much unneeded attention literally every where they go. If I gained this much negative attention I would evaluate what I was doing to deserve so much attention and adjust my attitude or what I was doing for the betterment of everyone in the OC movement.

I carry a very large framed Autoloader that's very noticeable and nothing ever happens to me, why is this......

I truly believe that when one is involved with this site and promoting OC then one has a duty to not be a OC SH*T magnet. Call me simple, but it really is a simple concept.

Oh and the last three incidents I had was a year old man walking up to me and asking about OC and then shook my hand and raised me for having the guts to do that and then introduced himself as a just retired police officer. One other was a man about 77 years old at Walmart who literally pushed his cart in front of mine thanked me for doing OC. The only ODD thing was a Biker wearing colors and in bad need of a bath and grooming who followed me around hiding at the isle end caps while talking to someone on the cell phone the retired police officer even noticed him and laughed. We were all betting he was calling 911 and reporting MWAG, but the police never showed, and I am guessing they knew by his description who I was.

You know how i feel on that one buddy, I OC everywhere everyday, I have yet to be removed from anywhere and have yet to have the cops called on me

I don't know what happened in this incident so I'm not going to pass judgment.

But I know what you are talking about. There are some people out there that can't do anything without drawing attention to themselves. Whether the attention is good, bad or in between they don't care as long as they get attention.

yes and a few are in charge or active here

Since I have never seen them I cant say. But attitude can attract much unneeded attention. And attitude also shows even when a person says nothing all too often.

I am only addressing the many threads that a tiny group has posted, started and complained in that they always get picked on shall I say. I have read nearly all of those posts and threads and I see a consistent pattern, demeanor and attitude which would cause even me to wonder what they might be up to, and I am as laid back as they get when it comes to Constitutional issues of personal rights.

When I see that most people here open carry or go about their daily lives with no problems, and a few cant seem to go to the mailbox without drama. Usually there is a reason and maybe they don't realize what they are doing to attract negative attention. I wish I knew them so I could help by giving some tips or advice. Granted we are all only human and I am not denigrating them, because I have no idea how they were raised. But when someone is an adult he/she must find out how to act like one and even seek out advice, as we do not know all. Sometimes we cant see what we are doing wrong and should ask another who we see has no problems in that area we struggle with. Sadly we no longer have a society where the younger people can seek out elders for wisdom.

Look at the people who are getting in trouble. they are for the most part adults but I honestly wouldn't trust with a potato gun

Bailenforcer

I heard those potato guns can leave a mark...

and a shower
wouldnt hurt
Just sayin

You know how i feel on that one buddy, I OC everywhere everyday, I have yet to be removed from anywhere and have yet to have the cops called on me

Look at the people who are getting in trouble. they are for the most part adults but I honestly wouldn't trust with a potato gun

ElectricianLU58

i am in agreement with kwikrnu and bailenforcer on this. if you look squared away, you are probably a LOT less likely to be messed with while OCing.

i think getting a haircut, minding your manners, keeping your yard nice, keeping your car washed, making sure your kids are presentable and mannerly, just plain being a squared away guy... are part of being a man.

"you only have one chance to make a first impression" may be a trite cliche, but there is a lot of truth in it. right or wrong, people judge you by the way you look.

Onnie

LOL

Apparently you missed the sarcasm which was dripping off his comment.

I dont care what you are dressed like, how long your hair is, what color your skin is...... No one deserves to be unfairly profiled, persecuted, or prosecuted.

While you may be correct, i would like to point out one fine example of someone getting pulled over by the cops on at least a weekly basis........my son.

6-2, short hair, but and I say but, when he drive he drives as if he is laying down, his shirts are 2 sizes too big and his pants are 5 sizes too big and his croch hang down past his knees

I can almost guarantee you if he and I were OCing and we walked past a cop, and that cop had the mindset to stop one of us, the boy would get picked a heck of a lot more than me, a 56 year old fat old man!

I used to drive truck, 18 wheeler, during my 22 years of driving i bet I racked up 30 speeding tickets. never did i ever get stopped and NOT get a ticket. Since 1995 since I quit driving I have hand 1 ticket. BTW I put on 30,000 to 40,000 on my vehicle a year now, about half of what I did when i was driving truck

you will never get away from profiling...we all do it every day in our lives, cops are no different, reguardless of what they say, they pick on a certain class, or a way a person looks. It may not be fair, but its life, and we all know the saying, life just aint fair!