Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Monthly get together

Next Monthly get together

hey everyone what day, time and place will be our next monthly meeting

Hey, it should be the 4th at 4 if we keep going with the first Saturday. As for the place I guess we can decide that in here, lol.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

I agree lets keep things simple with first Sat (4th) at 4:00 pm. Hopefully I'll remember that time this go round...lol

hmm, location, location...

ok the 1st week of the month is good with me and yes Big boy 4pm but since this coming up Saturday is the 4th u should be ok lol

Thats a good time for me even if i have to work i am off at 2pm!

Thumbs up Great

I will be there ....... where ?

how about doin a traveling the greater kansas city area that we know allow open carry. we have done independence and kansas city. lets do another city: raytown, lee summit, grandview, or some closet city

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mobodyguard View Post
    how about doin a traveling the greater kansas city area that we know allow open carry. we have done independence and kansas city. lets do another city: raytown, lee summit, grandview, or some closet city
    I think this is a great idea. I vote for Lee's Summit. There is the Chipman road area and the brand new Summit Fair shopping district. They are both pretty high traffic areas and have a lot of restaurants and coffee places to choose from.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

i though lee summit would be a great place also now lets think of a great place to meet i dont know the area well so someone that does select a place

Good place

Culver's of Lee's Summit, MO
    1701 N.E. Douglas Street
    Lee's Summit, MO 64086

816-524-9200

They have good burgers, I have never oc'ed there.

I'm good with Culvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
    Culver's of Lee's Summit, MO
    1701 N.E. Douglas Street
    Lee's Summit, MO 64086

816-524-9200

They have good burgers, I have never oc'ed there.
    How about u call and see if they would have a problem with us and if not i believe that would be a great place

I'll be there. I agree that we need to spread our meetings out to different locales. As we spread out to farther areas, we may pick up new attendees to boost our numbers and give us an even brighter face to present to the public.
    The God of War hates those who hesitate. - Euripides

I am a new member and ill be there!!! Ill be the one OCing!

Alright, sounds like Culvers in Lee's Summit at 4:00pm on Dec. 4th.

So, unless there are any objections or problems with the venue, see you guys there!
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

I am a first timer for oc and would hope someone with more firepower ( knowledge of 2a rights) call and find out if this place is ok with it and then get with news coverage maybe to follow, other than that i'm there.

Nope, Nope, Nope.

Don't call. Calling is useless. Calling gives them a chance to say "Err... Um... (WTF is OC?) NO!!"

The point is to have OC become normal in every day encounters. Not to get permission to go have dinner somewhere.
    Unless any one out right knows that culver's has signs posted we should be good. I will go by the one here in Blue Springs tomorrow to make sure they don't have signs on their doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post
    Nope, Nope, Nope.

Don't call. Calling is useless. Calling gives them a chance to say "Err... Um... (WTF is OC?) NO!!"

The point is to have OC become normal in every day encounters. Not to get permission to go have dinner somewhere.
    Unless any one out right knows that culver's has signs posted we should be good. I will go by the one here in Blue Springs tomorrow to make sure they don't have signs on their doors.
    I see your point... so you can be the spokesperson if need be ?? I will see you there, I will check out the one here in Lee Summit.

Culvers sounds good to me.

By the way, I never heard back from the K.C. Star so I have contacted another local news paper about our upcoming meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
    I see your point... so you can be the spokesperson if need be ?? I will see you there, I will check out the one here in Lee Summit.
    We'll all be there and have it handled. If they ask us to leave you just say ok, and leave. It is their property and they do have the right. But we have done this several times before and never once had a problem.

So, I've got a buddy interested in joining our ranks. He's actually OC'ing for the first time today. We could have him, and even a few more people probably interested in coming to our meetings on a regular basis.

Something he brought up to me however, with him being military and a lot of our friends being military, they generally have drill on the first weekend of every month. With that, he, his wife, nor any other military folk will probably ever make a meeting.

I realize moving a date is a lot for one person, but considering we're looking at a whole group of obvious firearm handling and carry people, I would hate to exclude them.

Considering mobodygaurd thought we were going with the 2nd weekend in the first place (yay I'm not the only one who makes mistakes :P ) Would anyone take issue with moving these meetings to the second Saturday of the month? That would make this meeting Dec. 11th at 4:00 pm if that were acceptable with every one.

I understand if not. Chime in with your opinions.

I'll deal with it. We need all the people we can get.

i have no problem what that bigboy

Thumbs up

This is fine with me as long as we don't lose the people we have. I had also realized if we keep it the first Saturday of the month it would be the first in Jan. So bumping it a week back helps out on both occasions if anyone had new years plans, or a hang over, lol.

However, can we get a sticky with the new date, time, and place, so now one misses the change.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast