• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next Monthly get together

Big Boy

I see your point... so you can be the spokesperson if need be ?? I will see you there, I will check out the one here in Lee Summit.

We'll all be there and have it handled. If they ask us to leave you just say ok, and leave. It is their property and they do have the right. But we have done this several times before and never once had a problem.

Big Boy

So, I've got a buddy interested in joining our ranks. He's actually OC'ing for the first time today. We could have him, and even a few more people probably interested in coming to our meetings on a regular basis.

Something he brought up to me however, with him being military and a lot of our friends being military, they generally have drill on the first weekend of every month. With that, he, his wife, nor any other military folk will probably ever make a meeting.

I realize moving a date is a lot for one person, but considering we're looking at a whole group of obvious firearm handling and carry people, I would hate to exclude them.

Considering mobodygaurd thought we were going with the 2nd weekend in the first place (yay I'm not the only one who makes mistakes :p ) Would anyone take issue with moving these meetings to the second Saturday of the month? That would make this meeting Dec. 11th at 4:00 pm if that were acceptable with every one.

I understand if not. Chime in with your opinions.

ChiangShih

This is fine with me as long as we don't lose the people we have. I had also realized if we keep it the first Saturday of the month it would be the first in Jan. So bumping it a week back helps out on both occasions if anyone had new years plans, or a hang over, lol.

However, can we get a sticky with the new date, time, and place, so now one misses the change.

Teddybear

So, I've got a buddy interested in joining our ranks. He's actually OC'ing for the first time today. We could have him, and even a few more people probably interested in coming to our meetings on a regular basis.

Something he brought up to me however, with him being military and a lot of our friends being military, they generally have drill on the first weekend of every month. With that, he, his wife, nor any other military folk will probably ever make a meeting.

I realize moving a date is a lot for one person, but considering we're looking at a whole group of obvious firearm handling and carry people, I would hate to exclude them.

Considering mobodygaurd thought we were going with the 2nd weekend in the first place (yay I'm not the only one who makes mistakes :p ) Would anyone take issue with moving these meetings to the second Saturday of the month? That would make this meeting Dec. 11th at 4:00 pm if that were acceptable with every one.

I understand if not. Chime in with your opinions.

Wow I have no problem with it other than I will have to email 16 other people that I invited with the new date..... unless ????? we go for both dates and give Culvers some extra business and to see if we're welcome back the second time ? What you guys think ( they have good burgers ) and you gota eat

ChiangShih

Wow I have no problem with it other than I will have to email 16 other people that I invited with the new date..... unless ????? we go for both dates and give Culvers some extra business and to see if we're welcome back the second time ? What you guys think ( they have good burgers ) and you gota eat

Oh my, that may make things a tad more complicated. If we have that many people not on the forum and they may come on the wrong date maybe we should keep the current date of the 4th and push back the next get together to the second saturday. That way it doesn't conflict with new years and the military guy can make the next meeting on Jan. 8th.

I don't want to exclude anyone who wants to be there but if the folks you did e-mail decide or make plans to show up on the wrong day it kind of looks bad on all of us. Shifting dates around really complicates things so it would be good to have everyone on board.

Meeting twice in 2 weeks isn't a problem for me because I live in the area but there a few guys on here that travel pretty far out of their way and could only make one or the other.

Anyone else have thoughts?

mobodyguard

hey i dont think we should do two dates just one and next month we will do the 2nd week but im up to whatever we all come up too

Teddybear

Oh my, that may make things a tad more complicated. If we have that many people not on the forum and they may come on the wrong date maybe we should keep the current date of the 4th and push back the next get together to the second saturday. That way it doesn't conflict with new years and the military guy can make the next meeting on Jan. 8th.

I don't want to exclude anyone who wants to be there but if the folks you did e-mail decide or make plans to show up on the wrong day it kind of looks bad on all of us. Shifting dates around really complicates things so it would be good to have everyone on board.

Meeting twice in 2 weeks isn't a problem for me because I live in the area but there a few guys on here that travel pretty far out of their way and could only make one or the other.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Don't worry about the first date 12/04/2010 I will send out emails and change it the ones that I told will just tell them second week in Dec.

ChiangShih

Alright, it's settled then. The 11th of December at the Culvers in Lee's Summit at 4:00PM!

Everyone set?

Last edited:

Teddybear

Another place to meet next time

3013 S 4th St
Leavenworth, KS, 66048
913-682-4000 Mon - Sat:
11:00 am - 9:00 pmSun:
12:00 pm - 6:00 pm

This place is cool with OC and the food is super. So guys if this sounds good to you for the next meet after Culvers let me know.

Big Boy

Still have several weeks until it's time. I imagine most of us will be much more engaged after the holidays.