• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why I carry in Pitt county...

elixin77

Besides the first one being in Beaufort county, all of these remind me that my apt complex had a small string of break in attempts last thursday/friday.

My apt has two separate buildings, and they tried to get in on the other building. From what i've heard, the thieves tried to get in through the back windows - this is where living on the 3rd floor is helpful, lol.

M

mattwestm

Besides the first one being in Beaufort county, all of these remind me that my apt complex had a small string of break in attempts last thursday/friday.

My apt has two separate buildings, and they tried to get in on the other building. From what i've heard, the thieves tried to get in through the back windows - this is where living on the 3rd floor is helpful, lol.

Yeah, it kinda sucks moving everything in on upper floors, but I like the added security. The only way in my apartment is the back window or the front door. They'd need a ladder to get in the window.

Dreamer

Here is one from the New Bern, Craven County, side of the house.

http://www.newbernsj.com/news/history-92680-new-police.html

<sarcasm>
This story is OBVIOUSLY made up.

Mr. Squires was a convicted felon, so there is NO POSSIBLE WAY he could have been in possession of a firearm. Federal and NC State laws BOTH prohibit that.

Since everyone knows that "gun control" laws work, and EVERYONE obeys them, there is simply no way that Mr. Squires possessed a gun, let alone fired a gun at a police officer.

</sarcasm>