• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry LUNCH in Loudoun County (Sterling, VA) with French TV crew.. 11/27 @ noon

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
OCLILC - Open Carry LUNCH in Loudoun County (Sterling, VA)
Saturday, November 27, 2010 @ 12PM
Buffalo Wing Factory - Sterling
22034 Shaw Rd
Sterling, VA 20164 US

FRENCH VIDEO CREW MAY BE THERE TO VIDEO THIS EVENT.

Details and RSVP link:
http://ed.cx/lunch

bwfmap.jpg

Last edited:

nova

I think there's something wrong with the link, Ed. It looks like an old evite from September:

Host: Ed Location: Buffalo Wing Factory - Sterling
22034 Shaw Rd
Sterling, VA 20164 US
View Map
When: Tuesday, September 14, 7:00PM

EDIT: the link on your facebook event is the right one (same as the evite emails I received) but the one above in your OP is showing as one I attended in September.

Last edited:

ed

Was this Sebrina and Cyril or another group. What was there focus/agenda?
Nope.. this was Sylvain and Pierre. They hear of another crew in the US but did not know what they were doing or want story. My guys worked for some news magazine type show. The interview focused on guns, ownership and rights, open and concealed carry, etc. I think it went pretty well. Here is a link to the album: http://picasaweb.google.com/vagunrights/FrenchTVCrewInterviewEdAndFriends

0006.jpg

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Nope.. this was Sylvain and Pierre. They hear of another crew in the US but did not know what they were doing or want story. My guys worked for some news magazine type show. The interview focused on guns, ownership and rights, open and concealed carry, etc. I think it went pretty well. Here is a link to the album: http://picasaweb.google.com/vagunrights/FrenchTVCrewInterviewEdAndFriends
It is indeed interesting the increased attention that VCDL, OCDO and other groups are presently getting from Europe - English magazine and French media most recently.

The group that came through Richmond left with a month worth of reading, arm loads of souvenirs, went to the range and left with a completely different perspective than that with which they arrived, I think. A very warm and personable group, though very professional.

ed

It is indeed interesting the increased attention that VCDL, OCDO and other groups are presently getting from Europe - English magazine and French media most recently.

The group that came through Richmond left with a month worth of reading, arm loads of souvenirs, went to the range and left with a completely different perspective than that with which they arrived, I think. A very warm and personable group, though very professional.

I asked them what made him come HERE and to ME. He said he wanted to do a story on guns/gunowners/carry. and when he Google'd those things my name came up more than once so he contacted me. Until today, he had never heard of VCDL, OCDO or GOA.. he had only heard of the NRA. They left with a GSL magnet, challenge coin, info about VCDL and each a pocket copy of the US Constitution.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Keep spreading the word - it is fun watching the flicker of understanding light up in their eyes. Maybe one day the people in the "old countries" will enjoy the same rights we do.

Spreading the good word will come back home to the USA and Virginia even as it is seen in Europe.

Most people don't know my face, but they sure do recognize my six from all of those "hip" shots. :lol:

Jonton

had a blast today...it was definitely a great experience hearing new opinions, discussing carry rights and law, and enlightening the unenlightened. i equally enjoyed providing some behind the scenes photography for Ed and the crew.

can't wait to do it again!
~Jonathan

ed

Would you happen to have a link for the video? Why no pictures of the guns?
They say the video won't be out till spring.. then will then send me a DVD. They took planty of video of guns (each time someone came in, got up, or left). But the still cameraman with us was also an OCDO member and was just taking candid shots of the interview.. I don't think it came to him (or to me for that matter) to take pics of the guns.. quite frankly.. the food, conversation and company were so good.. I think we simply forgot.

Jonton

But the still cameraman with us was also an OCDO member and was just taking candid shots of the interview.. I don't think it came to him (or to me for that matter) to take pics of the guns...

Pretty much what it was, just candids. The film crew got some gun footage because they specifically asked folks to show them. I tried to stay in the background, and most people were seated where no guns were really clearly visible (and many people CCed or wore jackets/vests because it was quite cold).

I guess if gun pr0n is what y'all want, next time you'll get it. Just be careful what you wish for :p