• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BUG or Not?

sultan62

Maj. Paul Dillon of the University of Maryland Department of Public Safety agrees. "A backup gun is just one more weapon involved in a fight. You do see cases where a second weapon was crucial in saving an officer's life, but I think you can find just as many cases where a second weapon was a hazard."

Because you're in SOOOOOOOOO much more danger if the criminal wrestles away two guns and not one. :banghead:

Last edited:

Dreamer

It has been my experience that any spokesperson for MSP or any "official" arm of the "criminal justice" side of MD-based academia can be summarily dismissed as being:

1. so full of it that their eyes are brown,
  2. lying through their teeth with regards to Statutory Law, Case Law, Historical Facts, and the very nature of Reality,
  3. a 100% shill mouthpiece for Gov. Michael "I'm gonna turn this state into a medieval serfdom" O'Malley, and his anti-gun cronies at MAIG, Brady and VPC.

The MSP spokesperson who "testified" at the MD GA hearings for HB-52 last spring spewed so many egregious mistakes in quoting MD and Federal law, outright lies about other state's procedures, and flat-out fabrications regarding self-defense statistics that I was nearly kicked out of the hearing because of the frequency and increasing loudness of my sighs...

I plan on testifying again in 2011 if this bill gets another round in the MD GA, and I will start off my testimony by doing a line-by-line refutation of the MSP's testimony from 2010. When I'm done with my testimony I plan on demanding that chairperson of the House Judiciary Committee swear out a warrant for perjury against the MSP rep who "testified" in the 2010 hearings.

It should be a real hoot...

All that said, I will admit that I'm actually GLAD that most MD LEAs don't allow their officers to carry a BUG. Judging from recent news reports, many MD LEOs shouldn't be allowed to carry ONE gun, let alone two...

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Because you're in SOOOOOOOOO much more danger if the criminal wrestles away two guns and not one. :banghead:

All that said, I will admit that I'm actually GLAD that most MD LEAs don't allow their officers to carry a BUG. Judging from recent news reports, many MD LEOs shouldn't be allowed to carry ONE gun, let alone two...