Thread: Buffalo Wild Wings stabbing East towne

Buffalo Wild Wings stabbing East towne

"A 24-year-old man was stabbed outside Buffalo Wild Wings at the East Towne Mall..."
    Link: http://www.wkow.com/Global/story.asp?S=13544955
    You can see the store from the east towne culvers... (If i remember right.) Moving on...

Gotta ban knives and knife carry....

In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

I have only eaten at BW3 once. Wont go back.

They are making enough money off the Sheeple and dont need my money.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

I'm pretty sure that BW3 has a no weapons policy.

State policy

If I'm not mistaken Buffalo WW serves Alcohol so the State Law would kick in. No carry except by permission.

BWW is notrious for not allowing patrons the right of self defense, even in states that have permissive carry on premises where alcohol is served. They will not get a dime from me, but I suppose that the Chicago locations are favorite drinking and dining spots for the Joyce Foundation staffers.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1065248
    Last edited by Flipper; 11-22-2010 at 10:51 AM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

I like Buffalo wild Wings, they serve alcohol so no carrying. Since they decided to put up signs further enforcing that I haven't been back. I can get better prices and awesome sauces at the Checkered Flag. While I cant carry(it is a bar) at least I don't have to walk past a sign reminding me and and telling everyone else NO GUNS!

To be fair, it appears that the only connection with Buffalo Wild Wings, is that the incident happened in the parking lot near that establishment. It's a privately-owned business and it is certainly within their rights to have any policy they desire that is not contrary to the law. We can choose to go or not go as we see fit, but if one has a personal policy of not ever patronizing a place operating under a "no weapons" rule, then presumably one would not ever enter any business located within the mall because the entire mall has a no-weapons policy.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

I base my decision on their corporate anti-firearm culture.

Doesn't Dicks sell guns and ammo in East Town?
    Last edited by Flipper; 11-22-2010 at 02:31 PM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    I base my decision on their corporate anti-firearm culture.

Doesn't Dicks sell guns and ammo in East Town?
    It does, and when you buy a firearm at Dick's they carry it to the exit and hand it to you as you leave.
    A. Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    It does, and when you buy a firearm at Dick's they carry it to the exit and hand it to you as you leave.
    Scheels does the same thing, when you buy one, but you can open carry in thier stores, even if the are connected to a mall. Just don't go out into the mall, which I did several times before an incident where an employee at Spencers called security.

Do they hang on to the long gun (don't recall seeing handguns there) until the Madison Police Department does a background check on you ? Bought a single shot shotgun once at the old Gander Mountain by East Town. Was unable to pick it up for a week until the MPD checked me out. That was a PITA as I did not live in Madison. Never bought another gun in Madison after that. So I guess Madison's plan to get rid of gun dealers by harassing buyers worked in my case.

Gander Mountain finally got smart and moved out of the city. They should move their outlet store out of there also.

To be fair, it appears that the only connection with Buffalo Wild Wings, is that the incident happened in the parking lot near that establishment. It's a privately-owned business and it is certainly within their rights to have any policy they desire that is not contrary to the law. We can choose to go or not go as we see fit, but if one has a personal policy of not ever patronizing a place operating under a "no weapons" rule, then presumably one would not ever enter any business located within the mall because the entire mall has a no-weapons policy.
    We are talking about East Town right?? I am there a couple times a month and always carry... never had any problems.... Are there signs posted saying no carry that I am missing??

BW3s corporate policy prohibit firearms in their restaurants. Needless to say, they lost my business.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...pon-our-rights
    Last edited by protias; 11-22-2010 at 09:33 PM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Scheels does the same thing, when you buy one, but you can open carry in thier stores, even if the are connected to a mall. Just don't go out into the mall, which I did several times before an incident where an employee at Spencers called security.
    The last 3 guns i have bought at scheels (2 pistols, 1 rifle, the rifle was 2 weeks ago. All within the last year) I have carried them out the door. I pay upstairs, they give me my gun and free t-shirt, and i walk out and give a little ticket to the one of the head cashiers so they know im all set.

Quote Originally Posted by apierce918 View Post
    The last 3 guns i have bought at scheels (2 pistols, 1 rifle, the rifle was 2 weeks ago. All within the last year) I have carried them out the door. I pay upstairs, they give me my gun and free t-shirt, and i walk out and give a little ticket to the one of the head cashiers so they know im all set.
    I see, the Scheels that you shop at has relaxed thier policy. I have bought 3 guns from Scheels in Eau Claire and they walk me to the checkout every time, the last being two months ago.

ahh, im still new-ish to WI (2 years) I didnt even know there was another scheels in the state, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    Do they hang on to the long gun (don't recall seeing handguns there) until the Madison Police Department does a background check on you ? Bought a single shot shotgun once at the old Gander Mountain by East Town. Was unable to pick it up for a week until the MPD checked me out. That was a PITA as I did not live in Madison. Never bought another gun in Madison after that. So I guess Madison's plan to get rid of gun dealers by harassing buyers worked in my case.

Gander Mountain finally got smart and moved out of the city. They should move their outlet store out of there also.
    Never had that happen in Madison, and I've purchased guns at a number of places inside the city. How long ago are you talking?
    A. Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Melchar23 View Post
    We are talking about East Town right?? I am there a couple times a month and always carry... never had any problems.... Are there signs posted saying no carry that I am missing??
    Possibly. I rarely go to the mall, so I don't really look. But I think they may have it posted at selected locations.
    A. Gold

Never had that happen in Madison, and I've purchased guns at a number of places inside the city. How long ago are you talking?
    It was at old Gander Mountain at East Town. I never went into Gander at that location again.

Stabber (gang member) identified

Gang members involved in deadly assults at East Town. Say it ain't so Joe DeSpain !!!

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...cc4c002e0.html