• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buffalo Wild Wings stabbing East towne

Carcharodon

I like Buffalo wild Wings, they serve alcohol so no carrying. Since they decided to put up signs further enforcing that I haven't been back. I can get better prices and awesome sauces at the Checkered Flag. While I cant carry(it is a bar) at least I don't have to walk past a sign reminding me and and telling everyone else NO GUNS!

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
To be fair, it appears that the only connection with Buffalo Wild Wings, is that the incident happened in the parking lot near that establishment. It's a privately-owned business and it is certainly within their rights to have any policy they desire that is not contrary to the law. We can choose to go or not go as we see fit, but if one has a personal policy of not ever patronizing a place operating under a "no weapons" rule, then presumably one would not ever enter any business located within the mall because the entire mall has a no-weapons policy.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
I base my decision on their corporate anti-firearm culture.

Doesn't Dicks sell guns and ammo in East Town?

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

It does, and when you buy a firearm at Dick's they carry it to the exit and hand it to you as you leave.

Scheels does the same thing, when you buy one, but you can open carry in thier stores, even if the are connected to a mall. Just don't go out into the mall, which I did several times before an incident where an employee at Spencers called security.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
It does, and when you buy a firearm at Dick's they carry it to the exit and hand it to you as you leave.

Do they hang on to the long gun (don't recall seeing handguns there) until the Madison Police Department does a background check on you ? Bought a single shot shotgun once at the old Gander Mountain by East Town. Was unable to pick it up for a week until the MPD checked me out. That was a PITA as I did not live in Madison. Never bought another gun in Madison after that. So I guess Madison's plan to get rid of gun dealers by harassing buyers worked in my case.

Gander Mountain finally got smart and moved out of the city. They should move their outlet store out of there also.

Melchar23

To be fair, it appears that the only connection with Buffalo Wild Wings, is that the incident happened in the parking lot near that establishment. It's a privately-owned business and it is certainly within their rights to have any policy they desire that is not contrary to the law. We can choose to go or not go as we see fit, but if one has a personal policy of not ever patronizing a place operating under a "no weapons" rule, then presumably one would not ever enter any business located within the mall because the entire mall has a no-weapons policy.

We are talking about East Town right?? I am there a couple times a month and always carry... never had any problems.... Are there signs posted saying no carry that I am missing??

apierce918

Scheels does the same thing, when you buy one, but you can open carry in thier stores, even if the are connected to a mall. Just don't go out into the mall, which I did several times before an incident where an employee at Spencers called security.

The last 3 guns i have bought at scheels (2 pistols, 1 rifle, the rifle was 2 weeks ago. All within the last year) I have carried them out the door. I pay upstairs, they give me my gun and free t-shirt, and i walk out and give a little ticket to the one of the head cashiers so they know im all set.

BROKENSPROKET

The last 3 guns i have bought at scheels (2 pistols, 1 rifle, the rifle was 2 weeks ago. All within the last year) I have carried them out the door. I pay upstairs, they give me my gun and free t-shirt, and i walk out and give a little ticket to the one of the head cashiers so they know im all set.

I see, the Scheels that you shop at has relaxed thier policy. I have bought 3 guns from Scheels in Eau Claire and they walk me to the checkout every time, the last being two months ago.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Do they hang on to the long gun (don't recall seeing handguns there) until the Madison Police Department does a background check on you ? Bought a single shot shotgun once at the old Gander Mountain by East Town. Was unable to pick it up for a week until the MPD checked me out. That was a PITA as I did not live in Madison. Never bought another gun in Madison after that. So I guess Madison's plan to get rid of gun dealers by harassing buyers worked in my case.

Gander Mountain finally got smart and moved out of the city. They should move their outlet store out of there also.

Never had that happen in Madison, and I've purchased guns at a number of places inside the city. How long ago are you talking?

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
We are talking about East Town right?? I am there a couple times a month and always carry... never had any problems.... Are there signs posted saying no carry that I am missing??

Possibly. I rarely go to the mall, so I don't really look. But I think they may have it posted at selected locations.