• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is Milwaukee OK with CC?

Canard

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/109367609.html

"The boyfriend told police the hammer on Miller's gun appeared to be cocked, so he pulled his own gun from a pocket and shot Miller in the chest, according to the complaint.

The Journal Sentinel is not identifying the boyfriend because, as of Friday, he had not been charged with a crime."

Not sure if he could have OC'd walking around based on the number of school zones. Curious to see if they eventually charge him or let it go to avoid more publicity.

protias

Let's see, he violated 941.23 and 948.605. Hopefully he doesn't get charged, but for some reason, I think he will be, like Jesus was when he defended himself.

MKEgal

Hmmm... the JS locked comments after what, one day? Odd, all the comments were in support of the intended victim and/or self-defense in general. Think maybe that had something to do with it being locked out so quickly? I know of a couple stories from back in July that are still open.

TyGuy

Maybe it's just early, but that story confused the heck out of me. Who were the two robbers and who was the victim? How were they related, etc....?

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
I see the newspaper is no longer accepting comments. The Hand and Prone Em must have told the paper to do so because people were not experessing shock and outrage that use of a firearm in self defense resulted in a fine young thug losing his life.

Interesting that the Milwaukee County DA has not charged the shooter for concealed carry. Maybe afraid that the Hamdan criteria would apply.

Talking about Hamdan and concealed carry, and in the interest of knowing thy enemy, the following is provided for another head shaking experience.

http://www.milwaukeerenaissance.com/Main/LegalAnalysisOfSupremeCourtAndHamdan

Last edited: