Thread: the 1991 massacre at a Luby’s Cafeteria in Killeen, TX

the 1991 massacre at a Luby’s Cafeteria in Killeen, TX

Dr. Bill Holda, president of Kilgore College in Kilgore, TX...
    recently angered both survivors of the shooting and concealed carry advocates by claiming that some of the victims of the massacre (...) actually shot each other.

(Talking about) ...a bill that would allow holders of state-issued concealed handgun licenses to carry concealed handguns on Texas college campuses...

Holda pointed to the Luby’s massacre, telling a local TV station, “[During the Luby’s massacre] you had multiple shooters, and innocent people were killed by other people who had concealed, licensed handguns, because they weren’t sure who was the shooter and who was a defender.”

The State of Texas did not begin issuing or honoring concealed handgun licenses until 1996, five years after the Luby’s massacre.

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/11/22/c...mass-shooting/

Banned
    That's just great. Another silly myth that will be repeated again and again, until large segments of the population accept it as true.

And this is one of the people in charge of educating tomorrow's leaders.

Lovely.

Story at the link has been changed. Apparently someone decided to do some fact checking once the comments started piling on.

I wonder how many emails he has received calling him names? Like: stupid, liar, incompetent, etc..
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Somebody please post Dr Holda's direct email address!!!! I'd love to hear about his computer melting from over use!
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Kilgore College President Bill Holda continues flying the flag of ignorance:

http://www.campuscarry.com/2010/11/2...carry/#content

So, an incompetent educator lies about the Luby's shooting to make his anti-gun point but he doesn't think another anti-gun group might do the same thing? No wonder he became an educator and no wonder he has no regrets about his lies and neither does he apologize for lying to everyone from the beginning.
    Check out my home page @ www.alabamaopencarry.com and Carry On!

Quote Originally Posted by sst0185 View Post
    I hope she goes up to him in public and slaps him in the face.

Another pinhead libtard trying to change history.

In the words of the eternal Bugs Bunny "What a moroon"
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

What a pile of steaming BS. I even have a copy of a video re-enactment done for America's Most Wanted, and an orginal newspaper article. Hupp is not quoted, nor is she much in the way active on the TV show, but survivors are featured. It was 1 man, 2 guns ( the show got the types of guns wrong though), and he started it by crashing his pickup through a large window. A big guy managed to break another window which allowed several people to escape the place.

The only time there was an exchange of gunfire was when THE POLICE THAT WERE NEARBY SHOWED UP. The TV show has it that a woman running from the restaurant found some plainclothes cops somewhere nearby ( seeing them OCing= cops). They were the ones who were the first responders to the scene and took on George Hennard Jr, who then put a bullet in his own head.

So I guess plainclothes cops are now CC lisc holders? Shooting at the bad guy is now wild shooting?

My memory is so good that I recall there was some young guy in the kitchen who hid in a dishwasher and had to be convinced by police that it was safe to come out. I can't remember last month though LOL.

He should be forced to resign...

However, with his expert grasp of the "facts", I'm sure there would be a job waiting for him at the University of East Anglia, in their "Climate Change" department...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 11-23-2010 at 11:28 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by sst0185 View Post
    That was my first thought...
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson