• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

the 1991 massacre at a Luby’s Cafeteria in Killeen, TX

oldbanger

Dr. Bill Holda, president of Kilgore College in Kilgore, TX...
recently angered both survivors of the shooting and concealed carry advocates by claiming that some of the victims of the massacre (...) actually shot each other.:eek:

(Talking about) ...a bill that would allow holders of state-issued concealed handgun licenses to carry concealed handguns on Texas college campuses...

Holda pointed to the Luby’s massacre, telling a local TV station, “[During the Luby’s massacre] you had multiple shooters, and innocent people were killed by other people who had concealed, licensed handguns, because they weren’t sure who was the shooter and who was a defender.”

The State of Texas did not begin issuing or honoring concealed handgun licenses until 1996, five years after the Luby’s massacre.

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/11/22/college-president-insults-survivors-of-deadliest-mass-shooting/

eye95

That's just great. Another silly myth that will be repeated again and again, until large segments of the population accept it as true.

OldCurlyWolf

I wonder how many emails he has received calling him names? Like: stupid, liar, incompetent, etc..:cuss:

AL Ranger

So, an incompetent educator lies about the Luby's shooting to make his anti-gun point but he doesn't think another anti-gun group might do the same thing? No wonder he became an educator and no wonder he has no regrets about his lies and neither does he apologize for lying to everyone from the beginning.

XD40coyote

What a pile of steaming BS. I even have a copy of a video re-enactment done for America's Most Wanted, and an orginal newspaper article. Hupp is not quoted, nor is she much in the way active on the TV show, but survivors are featured. It was 1 man, 2 guns ( the show got the types of guns wrong though), and he started it by crashing his pickup through a large window. A big guy managed to break another window which allowed several people to escape the place.

The only time there was an exchange of gunfire was when THE POLICE THAT WERE NEARBY SHOWED UP. The TV show has it that a woman running from the restaurant found some plainclothes cops somewhere nearby ( seeing them OCing= cops). They were the ones who were the first responders to the scene and took on George Hennard Jr, who then put a bullet in his own head.

So I guess plainclothes cops are now CC lisc holders? Shooting at the bad guy is now wild shooting?

My memory is so good that I recall there was some young guy in the kitchen who hid in a dishwasher and had to be convinced by police that it was safe to come out. I can't remember last month though LOL.

Dreamer

He should be forced to resign...

However, with his expert grasp of the "facts", I'm sure there would be a job waiting for him at the University of East Anglia, in their "Climate Change" department...

Last edited: