Thread: OC LX 2day

OC LX 2day

Carried at Gunderson Lutheran in La Crosse today and to my extreme disappointment, no one noticed. Not even security. Had a few Kwik Trip stops, Had one woman say hello and ask about my gun. She was not aware that it was legal. I explained the law, left her with a pamphlet and a smile... end of day. I should mention that she did not call police and I was not harassed or arrested... A good day.

Hardballer out!

Thumbs up

Great job Hardballer! I hope all my experiences are as good as that one!

Not deep enough in the Woods, Wisconsin, USA
    One more educated with no further incident. I'd say it was a good day.

Nice job Hardballer, you represent us well.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

But the totality of the circumstances would dictate....oh, I got nothing.

Way to go hardballer!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I did have to drive by the cop shop on my way to the Peking Chinese Restaurant
    (Shameless plug ensues: 91 Copeland Avenue, La Crosse, WI 54603-3403 (608) 784-9440 take out or eat in.) ‎This is Chinese cooked Chinese... Best in town. Spicy duck to die for. Say hi to Papa San, Mama San and Katie for me... They are good folks.

Had a Sheriff's squad follow me all the way to the parking lot. They just kept going though... Probably thought I was a terrorist because of the American flag on the tailgate of my truck.
    Last edited by hardballer; 11-22-2010 at 10:01 PM.

I've carried in many different Kwik Trips at many locations many times. Nothing has ever been mentioned by anyone. In LaCrosse and Trempealeau counties.
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Here in Buffalo County, I have had children ask me about my gun several times, much to the chagrin of their respective parents. One little girl asked why I carried and her brother asked if I was going to kill anybody. I explained to them why I carried and that it was for self defense of me and my family. I spoke loud enough for everyone nearby to hear my answer.

A couple of elderly women, one who told me I should hide it but she shook my hand, smiled and said be careful young man... several guys my age, A few older guys who reminisced about carrying a 1911 in Vietnam and a police chief (who asked me what the rules were because he did not know and had never encountered an open carrier before.).

A couple of Soldiers in uniform who gave me a thumbs up, one commented on my 1911 and said he wished they would issue them 1911s again. .45ACP. One journalist, published in the La Crosse, Winona and Buffalo County papers, who was hitting on a Kwik Trip checkout girl. Asked me if I had killed anyone today yet with that "thing". I told him dead Ted had killed more people with his car than I had.

I get asked about it all the time. I love the opportunity to answer these questions and hand out pamphlets....

I have to admit, I have only had two people in La Crosse, ask me about my gun. Both knew it was a 1911. One guy was from Minnesota and wanted to encourage me and congratulated me for carrying. His wife thought he was crazy for talking to me. I could read that on her face. The other guy was a Navy vet. Gave me a thumbs up. Said he used to be an armorer. Liked that I carried a 1911.
    Last edited by hardballer; 11-23-2010 at 01:34 AM.

More and more places are understanding that OCing is OK. I was at All Star Lanes Friday night for a birthday party. (After asking the manager "Shane") (yes they serve adult beverages there).

Carry On and Carry often.

JJC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post

JJC
    And Constitutional Carry Always!

that's a whole lot of good experiences, Hardballer. Nice work!

I am in the same boat. On the one hand I want to be left alone, as OC should just be accepted. On the other hand, since it's not well known I like being asked about it. Then I can educate people as to the law. Most of the time they are shocked, and often they take my Wisconsin Carry pamphlet and say that they will visit the website. I don't know if they visit or not, but I still enjoy opening eyes.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    I am in the same boat. On the one hand I want to be left alone, as OC should just be accepted. On the other hand, since it's not well known I like being asked about it. Then I can educate people as to the law. Most of the time they are shocked, and often they take my Wisconsin Carry pamphlet and say that they will visit the website. I don't know if they visit or not, but I still enjoy opening eyes.
    +1

If a non-LEO talks to me I will generally answer any question and offer a brochure. In my mind, if it became confrontational or abusive, I would probably shut up. If it was really confrontational, I would probably call the cops. So far I have had NO non-LEO confrontations or even negative interactions.

If a LEO talks to me, if it is a consensual conversation, I will generally answer his questions and offer a brochure. I guess it depends on the questions. This has never happened to me yet as well.

In a non consensual LEO interaction, so far once, I offered a brochure and gave my ID under duress. What will happen next time, I'm not sure. I'm hopping there won't be a next time. Ideally, I'd refuse and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Thanks for posting.

I carried for the first time last week. I did not take the discussion lightly. My first stop was Gander Mountain. I figured like minds and all that. I walked past a Trooper in the parking lot on my way out. We did the head nod thing and he didn't even give me a second glance. Neither did anyone else for the rest of the day... The end.
    I wish my interaction with some state patrol officers went as well as yours did.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thanks for posting.

I carried for the first time last week. I did not take the discussion lightly. My first stop was Gander Mountain. I figured like minds and all that. I walked past a Trooper in the parking lot on my way out. We did the head nod thing and he didn't even give me a second glance. Neither did anyone else for the rest of the day... The end.
    Congrats and carry on! Takes courage to do what you have done. There is a small percentage of the population that would be willing to do what you have. Thank you for standing with the rest of us...

Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    More and more places are understanding that OCing is OK. I was at All Star Lanes Friday night for a birthday party. (After asking the manager "Shane") (yes they serve adult beverages there).

JJC
    We should be asking more often in places we frequent... Way to represent JJC!

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    I am finding myself disappointed that no one notices my shiny, stainless steel, full sized, 1911. Gratified when someone does.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I wish my interaction with some state patrol officers went as well as yours did.
    I bet you do Protias... I have to admit, that was proud moment though. People coming together to stand with a brother against fascism. Don't see that every day...

Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    And Constitutional Carry Always!
    I could not agree more.

I am no fan of little by little. It is just plain stupid for our government to implement a ponderous and expensive licensing program when the criminals already have Constitutional Carry.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    I bet you do Protias... I have to admit, that was proud moment though. People coming together to stand with a brother against fascism. Don't see that every day...
    Very true. It was good to see so many people come out and protest unjust actions of those officers, especially during such a cold time of the year.

Don't look back with regret. That interaction united us in a way they could not ignore. Thank you

I have alot of good stories. I think I will post my favorite ones of 2010 on New Years Day.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Don't look back with regret. That interaction united us in a way they could not ignore. Thank you
    It does seem that when 'we' are downtrodden, 'we' unite and good is made of it. 'We' just need to remember that feeling between crises.

It really was a mind bending decision for me. I admit it took some time to work up the courage too. But I can no longer stand around while my friends and family willingly give up more and more of our ******* Constitutional Rights on a daily basis. Plus I know firsthand the power of grassroots organizations.

So here I am and thanks all for having me.
    Thank you. It was a big decision weighted with heavy consequences that we all made. Deciding that the 2nd Amendment is irrefutable was easy for me. Deciding to carry took a lot more. My wife agreed but was scared. Things went very well for me up until a night shopping at Woodman's Grocery in LaCrosse Wi. You can use search here to check on details. Bottom line here is that members of the OCDO and The leadership of Wisconsin Carry.Org took the bull by the horns and contacted Woodman's and within 24 hours, had it sorted out. That is why we join Wisconsin Carry.Org and why we stand together in this difficult but exciting time. So, Again thank you and I applaud your courage...

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    It does seem that when 'we' are downtrodden, 'we' unite and good is made of it. 'We' just need to remember that feeling between crises.
    Yup!

I am proud to know you all. May not always agree with you but I will do everything in my power to stand beside you in demanding our right to bear arms not be infringed... United we stand.

Hardballer out!

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    I do and I don't. It was good because it got everyone to actually get work done faster. I didn't like it because I just want to be left alone for following the law.

I do and I don't. It was good because it got everyone to actually get work done faster. I didn't like it because I just want to be left alone for following the law.
    I agree, however, if this Madison thing, for example, moves the ball forward, it was worth the hassle. Your 'encounter', got my attention and even though I didn't attend the State Police demonstration, I went to the next event afterwards and haven't left since.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    I agree, however, if this Madison thing, for example, moves the ball forward, it was worth the hassle. Your 'encounter', got my attention and even though I didn't attend the State Police demonstration, I went to the next event afterwards and haven't left since.
    I have to say, I have nothing but good things to say to you all. I hope Madison learns its lesson in this instance. Hopefully Constitutional Carry comes soon and the police learn that law abiding citizens are not the issue, it is the criminals! And whether or not the police like it, law abiding citizens prevent crimes more than they (the police) do.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    I am proud to know you all. May not always agree with you but I will do everything in my power to stand beside you in demanding our right to bear arms not be infringed... United we stand.
    +1. United and proudly we do stand together.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.