• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carters in albany

moore3816

sad day for me and my glock :( i was shopping at carters in albany and a fidgety store manager walks up to me, "do you have a permit for that?" i reply no sir, i do not need one. and i proceed to tell him that it is legal in louisiana to carry w/o a permit and he asks me to leave the store lol. i kind of dont blame him i guess, because he had 2 complaints within 5 minutes of being in the store, oh well beware of small town supermarkets :( we settled on putting it in the car and i got to finish up. will not go back there, as he could have explained to his concerned customers that it was legal.:cuss: i also asked him what if i had a permit, he said well i will tell them that you have a permit, so why couldnt he have told them that it was legal w/o one ??? :confused:

NRAMARINE

Because the sheeple have been brainwashed into believing that one must have permission to exercise their rights. They cannot fathom the idea of big brother not having to sign off on every breath they take.

Ps. I'm close to Albany, guess Carter's won't get my business either.

moore3816

yea, lol thanks for your support, yea i was pretty irritated, but, i was about 5 mins into my 10 mins of shopping so i was gonna hurry up and be done with it.

firefighter9158

But you did Have a Permit ! It's Called the CONSTITUTION !. I was asked awhile back ,the same question by a Wally World employee ! I simply told him YES i do have a permit ! He said o.k, and went on his way.

LA Confederate

I live just outside Albany and shop at Carters often, albeit without my weapon on. Looks like next time I go in there I'll have to drop off a pamphlet to the store manager.