• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Might Be Off-Topic------ Who Reloads?

moonie

I've been reloading for about 24 years, casting my own bullets for almost that long.

Currently I load .223/5.56, 30-06, 8x57, 7mm Rem Mag, 400 Corbon and 45acp.

I cast for .223, 30-06, 8x57, 400 Corbon and 45acp.

The gun rack is a good place to go for powder, great selection, decent prices on primers, Colfax is a bit better on primer prices though but they don't have much in the way of powders.

The new place in High Point, the Gun Vault has nothing for reloaders but can order, their prices are at least 30% higher than everywhere else, 50% higher on powder than the gun rack.

Nice people but their prices are higher than Gander Mountain.

OSOK

smlawrence, have you ever tried nosler balistic tips ??? Use them in my .25-06 and .308. Try a 165 or 180 grain. I like the 165's (shoots consistant sub MOA in my rifle) and they hit HARD. Have shot many deer with these and have not had one move more than a couple feet. (except the one that slid about 175 yards down the side of a snow covered mountain in Kinzue P.A.) (Now that sucked having to bring it back up!!):cuss: use the same type bullet in 100 grain in .25-06 and they pretty much split ground hogs in 2 :banana:

smlawrence

smlawrence, have you ever tried nosler balistic tips ??? Use them in my .25-06 and .308. Try a 165 or 180 grain. I like the 165's (shoots consistant sub MOA in my rifle) and they hit HARD. Have shot many deer with these and have not had one move more than a couple feet. (except the one that slid about 175 yards down the side of a snow covered mountain in Kinzue P.A.) (Now that sucked having to bring it back up!!):cuss: use the same type bullet in 100 grain in .25-06 and they pretty much split ground hogs in 2 :banana:

I bet that did suck hauling it up the side of that mountain...lol. I haven't tried any balistic tips in my .308 yet but I'll grab some next time I go on my next reloading run.