• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to break a Hi-Point 9mm.

amlevin

Hi-Points are cheap, ugly, heavy and all kinds of other derogatory things can be said about them. Their only redeeming qualities are they go bang when you pull the trigger, hit what you aim at and according to those videos pretty much indestuctable. No wonder they have such a poor reputation and are despised by so many people. What upstanding law-abiding gentleman would dare be seen totin' a Hi-Point.

Not only all what you said but they make them in interesting designs too. My local Dealer had one in the Display Case that had a leopard spot print finish. Would probably clash with the proposed owner's "pinto pattern" seat covers and the purple leisure suit.

Trigger Dr

They are a combo, Plastic AND metal. My CF380 is a brick, but I enjoy it nonetheless. Still hadn't a chance to shoot it however. Plus if I run out of ammo, I can use the gun itself as a weapon. One hit from the barrel, and its lights out.

If you run out of ammo, that may be a sign that more range time is needed. (hint) Sarcasm

Metalhead47

They are a combo, Plastic AND metal. My CF380 is a brick, but I enjoy it nonetheless. Still hadn't a chance to shoot it however. Plus if I run out of ammo, I can use the gun itself as a weapon. One hit from the barrel, and its lights out.

Er, all guns, even these "plastic" ones, have some metal, at least until someone figures out how to make a plastic barrel.

Gunslinger

Hi-Points are cheap, ugly, heavy and all kinds of other derogatory things can be said about them. Their only redeeming qualities are they go bang when you pull the trigger, hit what you aim at and according to those videos pretty much indestuctable. No wonder they have such a poor reputation and are despised by so many people. What upstanding law-abiding gentleman would dare be seen totin' a Hi-Point.
My daughter bought a C9 for the nightstand. $120. I take her shooting quite often and she is adequate with the pistol out to 7 yards. I bring my Hi-Power along so only have to take 9x19 ammo. The Hi-Power is the finest defensive handgun ever made--particularly the C series which mine is. It is deadly accurate, 100% reliable for going on 40 years, and mine is 99% condition and worth about 13 times what she paid for her Hi-Point. No comparison. But the C9 has gone bang every time, had no misfeed, and she can put 5 in center of mass while I put 5 in 1" with the Hi-Power. Either way, the bad guy is history. Those who bad mouth the Hi-Points have never shot them. Glocks crack frames; my $1000 SIG GSR had to go back for repair twice. Kimbers break trigger pins after 7 rounds. Hi-Point warrantees them for life, and not just for the original owner like SIG, Smith, SA, etc. They are ugly as sin, heavy, blowback operated, but built like a T-60. And the guy you point it at isn't going to say "that's not as nice looking as a Browning..." when you blast him. He'll be just as dead.