Thread: Ever notice how Murphy's Law is absolute? and "Where's your gun while Hot-Tubbing?

Ever notice how Murphy's Law is absolute? and "Where's your gun while Hot-Tubbing?

"Murphy" always seems to strike at the most inopportune time. For me it was my Hot Tub.

Looked out Sunday AM and saw that the "Ready Light" was off. This usually means that the heater has shut down and the tub temp has dropped below 100 degrees. Well it was a little more than that. The circuit board that controls the heater had decided it was time to "fry". No power now to heater at all. The race is now on. Ordered a part to be shipped Next Day Air and confirmed that the supplier had it in stock. NOW for the good part. I have a "tub" that is rapidly cooling and will become an ice-cube soon if UPS doesn't arrive today. There's 4" of snow on local roads and the temp this AM was 5 degrees.

Will UPS make it in the nick of time?

Will I have a 500 gallon "Ice Cube"?

Will the $1500 worth of pumps and lines freeze because of the failure of a $100 part?

Will let you know. Please keep fingers crossed for me.

Now to justify the post by going back "On Topic". When enjoying a relaxing session in the Hot Tub (your's, a friends, or a Hotel's) where do you place/keep your firearm? I find that mine is readily available between the folds of a towel at "tubside". Any of you have other methods of keeping a firearm handy while "soaking"?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Firmly clamped between cheeks?
    I dunno, I don't use them concrete hot springs
    I prefer the ones that just bubble outta the ground
    I admit they are not as convenient to my back yard.
    Wonder if there's a market for rubber duckys with a concealed holster in 'em

A G19 w/Maritime spring cups...it's in the water with me.

-G20

Quote Originally Posted by G20-IWB24/7 View Post
    A G19 w/Maritime spring cups...it's in the water with me.

-G20
    Could we get a picture of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Slidell Jim View Post
    Could we get a picture of that?
    No pic but explanation:

"The maritime spring cups are two small parts within the firing pin assembly and are not included on any Model 17 sold by Glock (civilians can only get them through 3rd parties). They insure that water can pass by the firing pin within the firing pin channel, thus preventing the creation of hydraulic force within the firing pin channel -- which would slow the firing pin down, causing light primer strikes. With the special cups, the action will cycle reliably while submersed, if a little bit slower. NATO specification ammunition (such as Winchester's Ranger RA9124N) with waterproof sealed primers and case mouths is recommended."

I like the idea though. Some B-wipe comes into your back yard, pulls a gun, tells you don't reach for anything, and then from out of the water "BLAAAMMM". Society's problems are one less.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Buy a Hi Point, who cares if it goes to the junk yard soon
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Buy a Hi Point, who cares if it goes to the junk yard soon
    Hey after watching "the destruction of a Hi Point" videos I must say that it sounds like a very good "battle pistol." You know the one you crawl through the mud with and accidentally drop in the fire and such?
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    Hey after watching "the destruction of a Hi Point" videos I must say that it sounds like a very good "battle pistol." You know the one you crawl through the mud with and accidentally drop in the fire and such?
    Wouldn't it have to INCIDENTALLY dropped, not "accidentally" dropped?
    ROTFLMAO
    Thanks- you made my day!
    Last edited by Hammer; 11-24-2010 at 09:41 AM.

+1

SHTF, that's what I'll be packing. HP & AK and bring on the zombies!
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    +1

SHTF, that's what I'll be packing. HP & AK and bring on the zombies!
    You are missing two very critical parts of your arsenal here...

You dont have a "close quarters shotgun" accounted for.

Neither do you have a "reach out and beat someone over the head" gun accounted for.....
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Neither do you have a "reach out and beat someone over the head" gun accounted for.....
    How about the Maverick Arms 12 ga for about $200? Looks just like the Mossberg 12 ga that sells for about $150 more.

As for the "head basher", just use the Hi-Point. It works great for that when it's empty.

Update

Well, UPS came through. Was surprised as they arrived early. Even up on the hill where I live and through the roads with stuck cars everywhere.

Had the new circuit board installed by 3:30PM and the "tub" was back up to full temp by 7PM. Sure feels good to be immersed up to your chin in 104degree water and the air's so cold your hair freezes.

What we all need to do is take some winter pictures showing the results of this extreme cold we're experiencing here in Western Washington and send them to Al Gore and all his cronies that are still pushing "Global Warming".

This looks like it's going to be the first "decent" winter here in over 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    How about the Maverick Arms 12 ga for about $200? Looks just like the Mossberg 12 ga that sells for about $150 more.

As for the "head basher", just use the Hi-Point. It works great for that when it's empty.
    I was more referring to a "long range" device...unless you got a 1000 yd arm throwing something that weighs 80 lbs (hi point) .....

Well, UPS came through. Was surprised as they arrived early. Even up on the hill where I live and through the roads with stuck cars everywhere.

Had the new circuit board installed by 3:30PM and the "tub" was back up to full temp by 7PM. Sure feels good to be immersed up to your chin in 104degree water and the air's so cold your hair freezes.

What we all need to do is take some winter pictures showing the results of this extreme cold we're experiencing here in Western Washington and send them to Al Gore and all his cronies that are still pushing "Global Warming".

This looks like it's going to be the first "decent" winter here in over 50 years.
    Jacuzzi party at Levin's place!!!!

amlevin beat me to the point about the HP. They work quite well as blunt objects. I do have a shotgun but it's more of a bird gun till I can get a new barrel. Mean time, AK from the hip with a drum mag does a pretty good impression of a shotgun Attachment 4642

Jacuzzi party at Levin's place!!!!
    Sorry, my "tub" has certain standards that must be maintained.

I was more referring to a "long range" device...unless you got a 1000 yd arm throwing something that weighs 80 lbs (hi point) .....
    Oh well in that case I have Mosin Nagant too. The sites go to 2400 meters so of course it's accurate that far out. Can stick 'em with the bayonet from nearly that range anyway. And an even better head-basher than a hipoint.

ok fine...Guess we will have to bring paddy to fulfill that role than!

amlevin I thought it was more to this level of standards!
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Dave that was my SECOND tub. My first one was like this

The rubber drain plug kept melting and I then went to the galvanized model.

Dave that was my SECOND tub. My first one was like this

The rubber drain plug kept melting and I then went to the galvanized model.

And this is the "in your wildest dreams" model. Never gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ak56 View Post
    And this is the "in your wildest dreams" model. Never gonna happen.
    And then again, you have never met my wife. She gets "Carded" all the time wherever we go. Not bad for a gal with 5 grandchildren and shops in the "Juniors" section of the Department Store.

And then again, you have never met my wife. She gets "Carded" all the time wherever we go. Not bad for a gal with 5 grandchildren and shops in the "Juniors" section of the Department Store.
    Pics or shens.