• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ever notice how Murphy's Law is absolute? and "Where's your gun while Hot-Tubbing?

amlevin

Ever notice how Murphy's Law is absolute? and "Where's your gun while Hot-Tubbing?

"Murphy" always seems to strike at the most inopportune time. For me it was my Hot Tub.

Looked out Sunday AM and saw that the "Ready Light" was off. This usually means that the heater has shut down and the tub temp has dropped below 100 degrees. Well it was a little more than that. The circuit board that controls the heater had decided it was time to "fry". No power now to heater at all. The race is now on. Ordered a part to be shipped Next Day Air and confirmed that the supplier had it in stock. NOW for the good part. I have a "tub" that is rapidly cooling and will become an ice-cube soon if UPS doesn't arrive today. There's 4" of snow on local roads and the temp this AM was 5 degrees.

Will UPS make it in the nick of time?

Will I have a 500 gallon "Ice Cube"?

Will the $1500 worth of pumps and lines freeze because of the failure of a $100 part?

Will let you know. Please keep fingers crossed for me.

Now to justify the post by going back "On Topic". When enjoying a relaxing session in the Hot Tub (your's, a friends, or a Hotel's) where do you place/keep your firearm? I find that mine is readily available between the folds of a towel at "tubside". Any of you have other methods of keeping a firearm handy while "soaking"?

Hammer

Firmly clamped between cheeks? ;)
I dunno, I don't use them concrete hot springs
I prefer the ones that just bubble outta the ground
I admit they are not as convenient to my back yard.
Wonder if there's a market for rubber duckys with a concealed holster in 'em :)

amlevin

Could we get a picture of that?

No pic but explanation:

"The maritime spring cups are two small parts within the firing pin assembly and are not included on any Model 17 sold by Glock (civilians can only get them through 3rd parties). They insure that water can pass by the firing pin within the firing pin channel, thus preventing the creation of hydraulic force within the firing pin channel -- which would slow the firing pin down, causing light primer strikes. With the special cups, the action will cycle reliably while submersed, if a little bit slower. NATO specification ammunition (such as Winchester's Ranger RA9124N) with waterproof sealed primers and case mouths is recommended."

I like the idea though. Some B-wipe comes into your back yard, pulls a gun, tells you don't reach for anything, and then from out of the water "BLAAAMMM". Society's problems are one less.

Hammer

Hey after watching "the destruction of a Hi Point" videos I must say that it sounds like a very good "battle pistol." You know the one you crawl through the mud with and accidentally drop in the fire and such?

Wouldn't it have to INCIDENTALLY dropped, not "accidentally" dropped?
ROTFLMAO
Thanks- you made my day!

Last edited:

amlevin

You are missing two very critical parts of your arsenal here...

You dont have a "close quarters shotgun" accounted for.

Neither do you have a "reach out and beat someone over the head" gun accounted for.....
:cry::cry::cry:

How about the Maverick Arms 12 ga for about $200? Looks just like the Mossberg 12 ga that sells for about $150 more.

As for the "head basher", just use the Hi-Point. It works great for that when it's empty.

amlevin

Update

Well, UPS came through. Was surprised as they arrived early. Even up on the hill where I live and through the roads with stuck cars everywhere.

Had the new circuit board installed by 3:30PM and the "tub" was back up to full temp by 7PM. Sure feels good to be immersed up to your chin in 104degree water and the air's so cold your hair freezes.

What we all need to do is take some winter pictures showing the results of this extreme cold we're experiencing here in Western Washington and send them to Al Gore and all his cronies that are still pushing "Global Warming".

This looks like it's going to be the first "decent" winter here in over 50 years.

devildoc5

How about the Maverick Arms 12 ga for about $200? Looks just like the Mossberg 12 ga that sells for about $150 more.

As for the "head basher", just use the Hi-Point. It works great for that when it's empty.

I was more referring to a "long range" device...unless you got a 1000 yd arm throwing something that weighs 80 lbs (hi point) .....

devildoc5

Well, UPS came through. Was surprised as they arrived early. Even up on the hill where I live and through the roads with stuck cars everywhere.

Had the new circuit board installed by 3:30PM and the "tub" was back up to full temp by 7PM. Sure feels good to be immersed up to your chin in 104degree water and the air's so cold your hair freezes.

What we all need to do is take some winter pictures showing the results of this extreme cold we're experiencing here in Western Washington and send them to Al Gore and all his cronies that are still pushing "Global Warming".

This looks like it's going to be the first "decent" winter here in over 50 years.

Jacuzzi party at Levin's place!!!! :banana::banana::banana::monkey:monkey:monkey

Metalhead47

You are missing two very critical parts of your arsenal here...

You dont have a "close quarters shotgun" accounted for.

Neither do you have a "reach out and beat someone over the head" gun accounted for.....
:cry::cry::cry:

amlevin beat me to the point about the HP. They work quite well as blunt objects. I do have a shotgun but it's more of a bird gun till I can get a new barrel. Mean time, AK from the hip with a drum mag does a pretty good impression of a shotgun View attachment 4642

amlevin

Jacuzzi party at Levin's place!!!! :banana::banana::banana::monkey:monkey:monkey

Sorry, my "tub" has certain standards that must be maintained.

HotTubWorldL.jpg

Metalhead47

I was more referring to a "long range" device...unless you got a 1000 yd arm throwing something that weighs 80 lbs (hi point) .....

Oh well in that case I have Mosin Nagant too. The sites go to 2400 meters so of course it's accurate that far out. Can stick 'em with the bayonet from nearly that range anyway. And an even better head-basher than a hipoint.