• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

willamette mission state park

sheepdog762

any body know of any oc problems there from what I see its ok but I have never been there just wondering if anybody has had any experience there good or bad ?

VW_Factor

AFAIK Salem is OC friendly if you have a CHL. Given that, if you have the CHL to OC in Salem, I don't think it would be a problem to be in the park OC.

Again, someone may actually know for sure though what the park rules are in Salem.

VW_Factor

I dont have my ccw but it looks like it should be ok has anyone ever been there

I'd be careful with that..

Clip from Salem Revised Code..

95.095. Loaded Firearms.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to possess a loaded firearm, whether the shell or cartridge is
a blank or is live ammunition, while in a public place as defined in ORS 161.015.
(b) Nothing in subsection (a) shall apply to:
(1) A law enforcement officer in the performance of official duty.
(2) A member of the military in the performance of official duty.
(3) A person licensed to carry a concealed handgun.
(4) A person authorized to possess a loaded firearm while in or on a public building under
ORS 166.370.

And so on..

More information can be found

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?35648-Loaded-Firearm-Carry-Ban-Cities

While some of the links are broken, the code #s are listed and are easily googled.