Thread: Southwest: Law enforcement officer left loaded gun magazine on plane

Southwest: Law enforcement officer left loaded gun magazine on plane

By the CNN Wire Staff

November 23, 2010 4:08 p.m. EST

(CNN) -- A loaded gun magazine was found on board a Southwest Airlines flight Tuesday after a law enforcement officer left it there from a previous flight, officials said.

The discovery was made after the flight from Burbank, California, to Phoenix, Arizona, landed, a member of a CNN crew aboard the plane said.

The entire article can be read here:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/11/23....found/?hpt=T2

"It belonged to a member of federal law enforcement"

"The head of the Transportation Security Administration said the unnamed law officer will be given remedial training."

I feel so much safer flying now.....
    If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

Good thing we have competent people armed on flights...I was beginning to worry
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Coded-Dude View Post
    "It belonged to a member of federal law enforcement"

"The head of the Transportation Security Administration said the unnamed law officer will be given remedial training."

I feel so much safer flying now.....
    So, they found the Magazine..... but WHERE IS THE GUN?

BFD... a loaded mag. So what? I have a drawer full of 'em. Doofus who left it was quite the pro tho... The reactions to this are insane.

so he gets to carry a loaded magazine.... yet I show up to security with a bag and they find one .22 bullet and I get hemmed up for an hour????

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    The reactions to this are insane.
    The issue, IMO, is not that he left the magazine on the plane. The issue is that it appears to be the attitude within the government and LEO-community that civilians are the only ones who make mistakes and should not be trusted with things like, firearms. Maybe the reaction would not be what it is if civilians were treated as competent firearm owners, just like our government officials that are armed.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Goes to show you, not everyone should be carrying a gun! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    The issue, IMO, is not that he left the magazine on the plane. The issue is that it appears to be the attitude within the government and LEO-community that civilians are the only ones who make mistakes and should not be trusted with things like, firearms. Maybe the reaction would not be what it is if civilians were treated as competent firearm owners, just like our government officials that are armed.
    this

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    So, they found the Magazine..... but WHERE IS THE GUN?
    Did they even look for the gun the magazine was for? OR IS IT STILL UNSECURED SOMEWHERE ON THE SAME PLANE THEY FOUND THE MAGAZINE ON?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Did they even look for the gun the magazine was for? OR IS IT STILL UNSECURED SOMEWHERE ON THE SAME PLANE THEY FOUND THE MAGAZINE ON?
    I sure it was just his spare. The loaded gun is probably wedged between the seat cushions somewhere on the plane.

Banned
    It's cool, he was the only one professional enough to carry a gun on that flight.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I was running maintenance in a squadron onboard USS Constellation during the Iraq war. Aircrew came back from a mission and were turning in their sidearms. One of the aircrew was short one round - not from his spare magazine but from the magazine loaded in the gun! We searched the plane and found the round under a seat. It really, really looked like he was playing with his gun and ejected the round .
    Or maybe he was just playing with his 'FIREARM'!