• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Southwest: Law enforcement officer left loaded gun magazine on plane

Aaron1124

By the CNN Wire Staff

November 23, 2010 4:08 p.m. EST

(CNN) -- A loaded gun magazine was found on board a Southwest Airlines flight Tuesday after a law enforcement officer left it there from a previous flight, officials said.

The discovery was made after the flight from Burbank, California, to Phoenix, Arizona, landed, a member of a CNN crew aboard the plane said.

The entire article can be read here:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/11/23/plane.magazine.found/?hpt=T2

Coded-Dude

"It belonged to a member of federal law enforcement"

"The head of the Transportation Security Administration said the unnamed law officer will be given remedial training."

:cuss:

I feel so much safer flying now.....

Sonora Rebel

BFD... a loaded mag. So what? I have a drawer full of 'em. Doofus who left it was quite the pro tho... The reactions to this are insane.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
so he gets to carry a loaded magazine.... yet I show up to security with a bag and they find one .22 bullet and I get hemmed up for an hour????

Beretta92FSLady

The reactions to this are insane.

The issue, IMO, is not that he left the magazine on the plane. The issue is that it appears to be the attitude within the government and LEO-community that civilians are the only ones who make mistakes and should not be trusted with things like, firearms. Maybe the reaction would not be what it is if civilians were treated as competent firearm owners, just like our government officials that are armed.

zack991

The issue, IMO, is not that he left the magazine on the plane. The issue is that it appears to be the attitude within the government and LEO-community that civilians are the only ones who make mistakes and should not be trusted with things like, firearms. Maybe the reaction would not be what it is if civilians were treated as competent firearm owners, just like our government officials that are armed.
this

JoeSparky

Centurion
I was running maintenance in a squadron onboard USS Constellation during the Iraq war. Aircrew came back from a mission and were turning in their sidearms. One of the aircrew was short one round - not from his spare magazine but from the magazine loaded in the gun! We searched the plane and found the round under a seat. It really, really looked like he was playing with his gun and ejected the round :eek:.

Or maybe he was just playing with his 'FIREARM'!