• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would you consider joining a citizen patrol group to reduce crime in your area?

Would you consider joining a citizen patrol group?

• Total voters

Beerme

Banned
The main reason that I started walking at the mall had nothing to do with OC. My health was so poor that I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without needing to stop half way up. Quit making assumptions about me, you don't know as much as you would like to believe.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

TheQ

Note: this post is off topic and contains general commentary not aimed at any individual in a negative way.

I have to agree with both of them I couldnt walk 5 foot with out my lips turning blue !!! and stll worked for years it wasnt till I had a heart attack and the doctor told me if I kept up this way I would die soon did I stop working!!!!

If you cant walk a flight of stairs get a job sitting down!!!!

It is vey tempting once we qualify for a government entitlement to just give up on the hard working American spirit and just sit at home and collect the entitlement. I commend you for doing otherwise.

Recently my fiancée lost her temp job that she's had for 18 months. She made $20/hr. full time. This means that to get paid more than she would by sitting home on unemployment, she'd have to find a full time job that pays MORE than $10 an hour. Recently she accepted a job that pays $10/hr, but only works about 20 hours a week. She still gets unemployment to cover the gap between what she gets on unemployment for sitting at home versus what she makes on her new job. She makes as much working these 20 hours as she'd make sitting at home. Yet she was only unemployed 4 weeks. I commend her as well. There are jobs out there but people won't take them as long as the dole pays them more for NOT working. Solution: end or ween these people off of the super-extended benefits.

We need to restore the American work ethic.

B

Bikenut

What we need is to stop using this forum as a venue for judging other folks.

Don't like someone? Take it to PM.

Don't like what someone does? Unless it involves OC take it to PM.

But most importantly.. and this is my personal opinion... there is a whole lot of growing up that needs to be done. Some of what goes on lately looks exactly like a bunch of children peeing on each other because someone farted. Get over it already!

Yooperlady also says... folks need to look in their own back yards first.

Rant over.

As far as joining a citizens patrol? No thank you. I am not responsible for the safety of anyone but myself and those I care about.... as is everyone else. Those who will not accept responsibility for their own safety are fools... and at my age I do not suffer fools gladly.

Last edited by a moderator:

CharleyMarbles

and if you can walk the mall get a job doing something and quit being a bum

I have been reading the fourms for a while now and even makeing a post here and there, But I just don't understand how some people on here feel they have the right to judge someone elese without haveing ALL the facts of said persons circumstances? I mean realy what right have you people (and you know who you are) to sit in judgement of anyone?? Get over yourselves and police your own issues I'm sure you all have some. As far as patrolling I commend anyone willing to take on the responsibilty to proactively address the issues that palge our Great Country. We all know the LEO'S are just not able to be PROACTIVE. As for anyone who would SEE something WRONG and NOT intervine I am of the oppinion that those people are either scared or a part of the problem. Just my heartfelt Oppinion and any who wish may contact me Via PM to discuss the issue further Thanx for reading my oppinion :)

kryptonian

one of the main reasons for having an open forum is i thought to help each other. we are united in mainstreaming OC for self protection and showing society that we are just regular people exercising our right guarunteed by law. we have anti-gun haters and LEOs against us. if they know they can just pop up in here and stir up crap to divide us they will and you'll let them. a house divided cannot stand. i read a few years ago that white supremists held a rally in ohio and it stirred up so much hate that the protesters smashed and looted their own neighborhood.
criticism is also helpful given and received but personal attacks aren't helping our cause or yourselves. hiding behind a screen name gives people an anonymous forum to bash. would you tell him the same thing in person?
unity guys - infighting is only good for our haters.

stainless1911

Banned
Its comical to me reading this post, the way you treat me online is remarkably different than the way you act toward me in person, heck, if I was an idiot, I would have thought we were buds from our paths crossing in person. Frankly, I find you to be rather shallow, and two faced. As far as my mom buying things for me, the acetylene gauge was for my dad, he or my brother, I don't recall, knocked the tank over and smashed the old one, I just happened to see one in the store at a good price and suggested we pick it up. I shower daily, so I don't know where you get off telling people I'm dirty, I'm not. I do however work on my own car and house if something needs to be done, so I don't have the hands of an actress, but that doesn't make a person dirty (or lazy). When I'm done working I'll clean up, but Im not going to take a half hour cleaning up just to go to McDonalds, or to pick something up from the parts store, (or a tool), that's just foolish. I can't afford nice clothes, and I don't really want them. And of course I walk hunched over a bit, probably crooked as well. I have mild scoliosis, and my back was destroyed in a car accident. Its not straight, and it hurts. Some days I wake up and cant feel my fingers. I am on foodstamps partly as a result of choices I have made, and partly because my health is shot, but that doesnt make me a bad person, or inept, or any other thing that people here assume that I am. I assure you, I have stood through enough crap in my life that I no longer notice things that would break most of you in half.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Food for thought...

I like the idea of folks joining together to take care of themselves. Hell, no one in government is going to, we better start protecting those who can't defend against the criminals alone, because one day you or your family may be among their ranks....??? Never say never - people get sick, fall on hard times, floods, fires, tornadoes, hurricanes, blackouts, etc.... Wouldn't it be nice to know someone would be looking out for them?

Bronson

I like the idea of folks joining together to take care of themselves.

A gentleman who occasionally posts on another forum I frequent lives in Argentina and was there when their economy collapsed in 2001. He has written about the experience at http://ferfal.blogspot.com/

If I remember correctly he once mentioned that people need to focus their energy on building communities and neighborhoods instead of building a, so they think, hidden stronghold in the woods. He wrote that if you can get to your compound so can others and they will show up with 20 armed people to take what you have and leave you dead. In Argentina it was the small neighborhoods where all the neighbors banded together to watch out for each other and keep the looters out that survived the best.

Bronson

Grashoper

Would you consider joining a citizen patrol group to reduce crime in your area?

Yes, regardles if OC/CC are SOP.

No

Yes, but only if OC is SOP.

Yes, but only if CC is SOP.

I was quite lucky in my younger days to volunteer with many patrols in the Detroit area. Lincoln Park Citizens Patrol Watch, Detroit Eye watch, Redford Eyes and Ears, MEP, ect. They were all hugely fun and I learned a lot from my participation. However, none of them advocated or even allowed weapons.

I highly recommend joining a stay-in-car patrol! Based on my experience years ago...Detroit's "Angel Night" patrols are sure to raise the adrenaline.

Mike

FreeInAZ

Wow...necro post!

Two words: George Zimmerman

One word & a number:

Detroit 300

They have done much good for the community and some of their members do carry concealed out of necessity.

Communities banding together to protect themselves is always a good thing in my book. They just have to understand their role as protectors, not police, who can use lethal force on fleeing subjects.:rolleyes: