• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ham Radio Operators and OCers?

lockman

State Researcher
Quite a few by my estimation. I know of at least six at Illinois Carry and a few here in the WI forum. Just watch out for the Extra's there all a little strange.

protias

There are a few...Ill have to start collecting calls maybe put together an all ham OC (other too if you wnat to come along) breakfast/lunch/food event of some kind!
Ready to be accused by police of impersonating them? Or am I the only on here that has had that problem? :(

nevinsb

I have my ham radio license as well, if anyone wants my call sign, just send me a message.

M

McX

aint got no ham radio, but i do got a CB i keep on channel 35, my home channel from back in the day, cant transmit, as the antenna is in a window, and will bathe the building in RF,but i do monitor, so break 35 when your in the hood, and say howdy.

dmworken

General class. I do have the tendency to "sandbag" a lot. If you are interested in my callsign, PM me.

Equipment:
Yaesu FT-847
Yaesu FT-897D (portable HF/VHF/UHF for ARES/RACES and Search & Rescue work)
Yaesu VX-6R

ICOM IC91AD (D-Star and analog)
ICOM ID800 (D-Star and analog)
ICOM ID-1 (1.2Ghz; D-Star and analog)

Kenwood TM-710D (APRS)

Motorola MT1000 (D model for public service narrow band)
Motorola GTX (900 Mhz)

protias

aint got no ham radio, but i do got a CB i keep on channel 35, my home channel from back in the day, cant transmit, as the antenna is in a window, and will bathe the building in RF,but i do monitor, so break 35 when your in the hood, and say howdy.

You should have told me that before. I would have said hello before saying "hello." :p

General class. I do have the tendency to "sandbag" a lot. If you are interested in my callsign, PM me.

Equipment:
Yaesu FT-847
Yaesu FT-897D (portable HF/VHF/UHF for ARES/RACES and Search & Rescue work)
Yaesu VX-6R

ICOM IC91AD (D-Star and analog)
ICOM ID800 (D-Star and analog)
ICOM ID-1 (1.2Ghz; D-Star and analog)

Kenwood TM-710D (APRS)

Motorola MT1000 (D model for public service narrow band)
Motorola GTX (900 Mhz)
How do you like the 897D? I've been wanting to get something with a longer batter life than my Yaesu FT-60.

nevinsb

I only have a IC 706 MK2G. I'm still a little irked about it because it is supposed to do 50W on 6M, but it only does 20. Maybe it needs some programming, or maybe a 7000 replacement.