Thread: A Question for a Law Enforcement officer !

A Question for a Law Enforcement officer !

I'm fixing to come to your state on vacation, I'm a convicted felon, how ever ALL of my rights have been restored. Including owning/purchasing of firearms. I have a letter from the Federal Bureau of Investigation stating that I have NO firearm restrictions. And I also have a N.I.C.S number assigned to me, for the purpose of purchasing firearms.(So that I don't get delayed when I purchase a firearm.) My question is, will I have any problems with law enforcement in your state, if for some reason I'm checked, and found to be in possession of my firearm?

I am not a LEO, but before anyone else can answer this question, I believe you should state what type of firearm.

a few rules,

1) NO mags larger then 10 rounds.
    2) many types of "black" rifles are on the DO NOT own list.
    3) depends on where you are, loaded or unloaded?
    4) you will NOT be legal to conceal.
    many more laws, to many to list.

Try asking your question here.

Walther PPK/S 380. It will be for security in our motorhome & when were riding on our motorcycle.
    Last edited by firefighter9158; 11-24-2010 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iopencarry View Post
    I am not a LEO, but before anyone else can answer this question, I believe you should state what type of firearm.

a few rules,

1) NO mags larger then 10 rounds.
    2) many types of "black" rifles are on the DO NOT own list.
    3) depends on where you are, loaded or unloaded?
    4) you will NOT be legal to conceal.
    many more laws, to many to list.
    I was going to bring my S&W, but it holds more than 10 rounds, so It will be a Walther PPK/S 380.

If you carry in the m/h or on the motorcycle DO NOT conceal unless unloaded and locked up. In CA your m/h is only a vech while underway. It must be a "camp site" to he considered your home.

Carry open with loaded mags on belt holsters. No ammo can be attached to the gun. In any incorp areas.

I feel that sense you have full buying powers and all Rights have been restored and given the fact that you carry the papers with you if and when they might be needed, most officers would not have a problem. You might find one that does, but it looks like you have the law on your side.

Just be sure you read and understand all of CA idiot gun laws.

Thanks for the info, I shouldn't have any problems, Also being P.O.S.T certified is a plus for me, I'm a Ex-Sheriff Deputy.(I know ! Don't Ask !) lol. Thanks Again !