• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Question for a Law Enforcement officer !

firefighter9158

I'm fixing to come to your state on vacation, I'm a convicted felon, how ever ALL of my rights have been restored. Including owning/purchasing of firearms. I have a letter from the Federal Bureau of Investigation stating that I have NO firearm restrictions. And I also have a N.I.C.S number assigned to me, for the purpose of purchasing firearms.(So that I don't get delayed when I purchase a firearm.) My question is, will I have any problems with law enforcement in your state, if for some reason I'm checked, and found to be in possession of my firearm?

Iopencarry

I am not a LEO, but before anyone else can answer this question, I believe you should state what type of firearm.

a few rules,

1) NO mags larger then 10 rounds.
2) many types of "black" rifles are on the DO NOT own list.
3) depends on where you are, loaded or unloaded?
4) you will NOT be legal to conceal.
many more laws, to many to list.

firefighter9158

Walther PPK/S 380. It will be for security in our motorhome & when were riding on our motorcycle.

Last edited:

firefighter9158

I am not a LEO, but before anyone else can answer this question, I believe you should state what type of firearm.

a few rules,

1) NO mags larger then 10 rounds.
2) many types of "black" rifles are on the DO NOT own list.
3) depends on where you are, loaded or unloaded?
4) you will NOT be legal to conceal.
many more laws, to many to list.
I was going to bring my S&W, but it holds more than 10 rounds, so It will be a Walther PPK/S 380.

Iopencarry

If you carry in the m/h or on the motorcycle DO NOT conceal unless unloaded and locked up. In CA your m/h is only a vech while underway. It must be a "camp site" to he considered your home.

Carry open with loaded mags on belt holsters. No ammo can be attached to the gun. In any incorp areas.

I feel that sense you have full buying powers and all Rights have been restored and given the fact that you carry the papers with you if and when they might be needed, most officers would not have a problem. You might find one that does, but it looks like you have the law on your side.

Just be sure you read and understand all of CA idiot gun laws.

firefighter9158

Thanks for the info, I shouldn't have any problems, Also being P.O.S.T certified is a plus for me, I'm a Ex-Sheriff Deputy.(I know ! Don't Ask !) lol. Thanks Again !