Thread: Man using Bob Dylan backstage pass orders 178 pizzas, stiffs restaurant

Man using Bob Dylan backstage pass orders 178 pizzas, stiffs restaurant

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...k7H9MBz51EluHP

AMHERST, Mass. -- A man wearing a Bob Dylan backstage pass around his neck who ordered 178 pizzas from a landmark Amherst pizza parlor has left the restaurant Blowin' in the Wind.

The man walked into Antonio's early Saturday morning shortly after Dylan performed at the University of Massachusetts and ordered $3,900 worth of pies.

He promised a big tip and said he would return in several hours and deliver them to Dylan's crew. He never returned and the manager called police.

Restaurant employees stayed until 5:30 a.m. making the pizzas.

Antonio's owner Walter Pacheco tells The Daily Hampshire Gazette his workers had no reason to doubt the man worked with Dylan.

Pacheco said he gave some of the pizzas away, but had to throw out most of them.

What a p***k.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    What a p***k.

Deserves a good stomping before they let the cops have him.

Just enough to put him in traction for a few months.

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

It sucks the **** did this, but honestly you always pay before they start on any order. Owner should have gotten the payment first and not trusting a person with a pass around their neck.
    Last edited by zack991; 11-24-2010 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    It sucks the **** did this, but honestly you always pay before they start on any order. Owner should have gotten the payment first and not trusting a person with a pass around their neck.
    This. Or at least required a deposit down.

Back in my college dorm days, the guy down the hall who cooked pizzas for the local joint got to take home pies that were ordered but not picked up. (They had pickup, but no delivery.)

Funny thing... there always seemed to be a couple of ordered placed a half hour before they closed on Friday night, but no one picked them up.

*burp*