Thread: Talk about "not going down without a fight"

Kent, Washington, USA

Talk about "not going down without a fight"

The story began in the morning of Saturday November 13, when a group of armed gunmen went to deliver an ultimatum to Don Alejo Garza Tamez: He had 24 hours to turn over his property or suffer the consequences.

Using the diplomacy he had acquired over nearly eight decades of life, Don Alejo flatly announced that not only would he not be surrendering his property, but that he'd be waiting for them.

When the men had left, Don Alejo gathered his workers and ordered them to take Sunday off, he wanted to be alone.

He dedicated the rest of Saturday to taking stock of his weapons and ammunition and creating a military fortress style defense strategy for his home.

Read the entire story here:

Navasota, Texas, USA
    A hero by anybody's definition.

R.I.P. Don Alejo
    The thing about common sense ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

In My Coffee
    I hope to be ready and put up one hell of a fight...if sh*t ever hit the fan like that.

Just finished reading more information on him...he was in his 70's OMG! That man is a badass!
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 11-23-2010 at 09:35 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...