• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 11/27 - 9:30 AM Cracker Barrel @ Mayland Drive

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Map for location is here http://www.mapquest.com/?le=t&q=265...ocaloneclick&flv=1&vs=&__aolrel=1290598963140

West End location, far off the route of shoppers and other crazy persons.

We discussed setting up a breakfast for Black Friday to serve as cover/an excuse for those that needed such to get out of being at the malls, but then realized it would have to involve being awake, or at least up and about, at an undecently early hour.

So join us for breakfast and conversation about Turkey Day. Who spilled the cranberry sauce? Which relatrives are now going to be getting a divorce? What new surprize did your college student bring home this time, and can you sell it, get a presecription for it, or otherwise make it go away? And most importantly of all - how many stampedes did you start at the mall?

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The coffee and food are consistently good at this Cracker Barrel + we can check the pond to see if the geese avoided being the main course two days prior. The conversation is always the priority though and there has been a lot happening.

See you there.

ChiTown

Skidmark, we will definitely be there on Saturday for the breakfast. We are always game for Cracker Barrel....lol. Look forward to meeting the folks from this board there.

See ya then,
Adam

Map for location is here http://www.mapquest.com/?le=t&q=265...ocaloneclick&flv=1&vs=&__aolrel=1290598963140

West End location, far off the route of shoppers and other crazy persons.

We discussed setting up a breakfast for Black Friday to serve as cover/an excuse for those that needed such to get out of being at the malls, but then realized it would have to involve being awake, or at least up and about, at an undecently early hour.

So join us for breakfast and conversation about Turkey Day. Who spilled the cranberry sauce? Which relatrives are now going to be getting a divorce? What new surprize did your college student bring home this time, and can you sell it, get a presecription for it, or otherwise make it go away? And most importantly of all - how many stampedes did you start at the mall?

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It depends on the weather. If we get enough rain to make it muddy, I'll be there.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
We didn't get much rain but I need to work on the Landrover and feel like playing hooky.
I'll be there!

curtiswr

I actually won't be there. Haven't been able to sleep a wink all night and now I think I'll finally be able to. Hopefully catch y'all at the next one. If you order a side of crispy bacon for me, you can eat it too!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Curtis - 'til next time, got the bacon covered for you.

Kenny - this is your wake up call.

Peter - hooky dance worked

Adam - look forward to meeting you.

Paul - are you there yet?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Adam did not show up.

I was there on time but for once everybody else (grape, Peter & Mrs. Peter) got there early so I was waiting for them to show up.

We had a wonderful breakfast. Curtis, your bacon was extra crispy & delicious.

The waterfoul were not willing to come up the hill anywhere near that nylon netting someone had laid down - to stop erosion? Hold grass seed? Anyhow, they had ignored a whole lot of breadcrumbs someone had thrown down earlier. We ended up pitching bisquits to them in the water.

Much conversation was exchanged. Do ask grapeshot about Indian (as in the sub-continent) food.

stay safe.

ChiTown

We regret we were not able to make it but we will definitely plan on attending the next one. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

-Adam

Adam did not show up.

I was there on time but for once everybody else (grape, Peter & Mrs. Peter) got there early so I was waiting for them to show up.

We had a wonderful breakfast. Curtis, your bacon was extra crispy & delicious.

The waterfoul were not willing to come up the hill anywhere near that nylon netting someone had laid down - to stop erosion? Hold grass seed? Anyhow, they had ignored a whole lot of breadcrumbs someone had thrown down earlier. We ended up pitching bisquits to them in the water.

Much conversation was exchanged. Do ask grapeshot about Indian (as in the sub-continent) food.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
We regret we were not able to make it but we will definitely plan on attending the next one. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

-Adam

No biggie Adam. A lot of information exchanging, a lot of laughing, some dickering and dealing, some jokes and a lot of double brewed coffee.

I did discover that the Taurus Tracker in 45ACP had enough headspace for autorims.

For some reason my thumbs nearly froze on the way which amused everyone a lot:(. My wife drove a car though.

I don't get there every weekend so I hope I meet you when you come.

As usual, no problems and we usually get a few inquiries about the legalities. Today, the only people that stopped, wanted to talk about the GoPro on my helmet:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Breakfast by the pound is my new thing - given enough time.

Does anybody know whether KennyS is up yet?

Had a couple waiting for me in their vehicle when I went to leave - they parked beside me having seen the VCDL and GSL magnets. Members of VCDL that did NOT know of the breakfasts and dinners we regularly schedule. Talked for about half an hour - always good to meet fellow members of the choir.

All American Nightmare

No biggie Adam. A lot of information exchanging, a lot of laughing, some dickering and dealing, some jokes and a lot of double brewed coffee.

I did discover that the Taurus Tracker in 45ACP had enough headspace for autorims.

For some reason my thumbs nearly froze on the way which amused everyone a lot:(. My wife drove a car though.

I don't get there every weekend so I hope I meet you when you come.

As usual, no problems and we usually get a few inquiries about the legalities. Today, the only people that stopped, wanted to talk about the GoPro on my helmet:lol:
The roads were great and heard a lot of dogs funny thing is about 20 min after I got there the dogs seemed to vanish I wonder why? :lol:

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The roads were great and heard a lot of dogs funny thing is about 20 min after I got there the dogs seemed to vanish I wonder why? :lol:

Damn Doghunters!
Careful about what you say there. The Chief of police sights his rifle in there and dog hunts. Last year he got so mad at me he huffed off and forgot his rifle rest.

Last edited: