Thread: Open Carry in NO. Need help.

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States

Open Carry in NO. Need help.

Hey guys, I'm back! Need a little bit of info. I'm going down to visit my maw maw at Tulane where she's recovering from a liver transplant. I know I can't OC in the hospital, but my mom wants to go walking around while the rest of the family watches football. So, we'll be walking around the area surrounding the hospital. I need to know what I need to be wary of when OCing in that general area. School zones and such. Not OCing isn't an option either. I will not be caught anywhere near the Big Nasty without a way to protect myself.
    Thanks in advance for the help.
    Last edited by Nikki_Black; 11-24-2010 at 06:25 PM.

The biggest thing to be wary of in New Orleans is NOPD. If you OC down there expect to have a big hassle and probably a shakedown.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Confederate View Post
    The biggest thing to be wary of in New Orleans is NOPD. If you OC down there expect to have a big hassle and probably a shakedown.
    That's a fact. Those guys are insane.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

Things I would do if I was planning to open carry in an unknown area, a copy of the receipt for your gun in you have one, a copy of the La. court rulings on open carry, a copy of an article on Marks open carry case. Contact the commander of the police district in the area and inform him of your plans and see if he acknowledges your right to open carry, the local police should be able to tell you of any known school zones in the area but drive around the area your self just in case.

Unless you want a big hassle and your life possibly threatened, I would suggest CC instead of OC in Orleans. NOPD are not known for following the law.

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Unless you want a big hassle and your life possibly threatened, I would suggest CC instead of OC in Orleans. NOPD are not known for following the law.
    I can't legally CC.

Not OCing isn't an option either. I will not be caught anywhere near the Big Nasty without a way to protect myself.
    You already have your mind made up ,why are you askin for help.If your going to be a responsible OCer YOU need to find out what to be wary of.