Thread: The GOP's Wisconsin agenda

Banned

The GOP's Wisconsin agenda

http://www.isthmus.com/isthmus/artic...?article=31358

5. Approving concealed carry

Making Wisconsin the 49th state that allows citizens to obtain permits to carry concealed firearms should be a slam-dunk. In recent years, concealed carry legislation has been blocked only by Gov. Doyle's veto. GOP leaders say they plan to push the issue at the beginning of the next legislative session.

Although some commentators say concealed carry is a distraction from the economic issues the GOP was elected to tackle, it's a policy the party has been promising its base for years and cannot afford to punt on.

The question that remains is how expansive the concealed carry legislation will be. The bill that Doyle vetoed would have allowed those who go through gun-safety training to get permits. In light of their large majorities, however, Republicans may propose a more ambitious alternative that would make concealed carry a right with few restrictions.

Hoping for Constitutional Carry, not holding my breath. Both my state senator and assembly persons are Democraps and don't listen to a word I say. Last time I went to the Capitol they were hiding and would not come out and speak to anyone.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Hopefully there will not be a permit system. That would go against the GOP platform of Constitutional Carry. If this comes up for a vote, I will do my part and contact every single legislator and remind them of this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    We will in the following months find out if the majority party just talks the talk or walks the walk, And that also goes for those in the minority party who claim to support article 1 sec. 25 s , For any lawful purpose just as D.A Fox does along with some of Wi. judges.
    5. Approving concealed carry
    Although some commentators say concealed carry is a distraction from the economic issues the GOP was elected to tackle, it's a policy the party has been promising its base for years and cannot afford to punt on.

A direct repeal of 941.23 right out the gate is the least distraction possible, There are already laws on the books for crimes with a firearm, Just enforce them. No need to negotiate mandated training type , the cost of a license who will license applicants sheriffs the d.m.v.
    what happens to the extra hired staff when the influx of applicants dies down? Do they lose their jobs if the money from licenses dry up!
    A pemit system is only feel good legislation and does not keep firearms out of the hands of those prohibited from possessing them, it restricts the rights of us allowed to possess firearms and turns it into a priviledge.

We will see who collects the thirty pieces of silver!

The people that stand to make a lot of money on a permit system are lobbying for a permit and training requirement. Unless those apposed to this intrusive process make their views known there will be little chance of preventing it. Take the battle to your representatives, don't assume someone else will do it for you.

Correct. Letters sent...emails sent.

If there was ever a time to make some noise it is now, we need to contact our lawmaker today, tomarrow, the next day and so on. The squeeky wheel will get the greese. The laws are not writen because of the actions of many, they are writen because of the inactions of many.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.