• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The GOP's Wisconsin agenda

J.Gleason

Banned
http://www.isthmus.com/isthmus/article.php?article=31358

5. Approving concealed carry

Making Wisconsin the 49th state that allows citizens to obtain permits to carry concealed firearms should be a slam-dunk. In recent years, concealed carry legislation has been blocked only by Gov. Doyle's veto. GOP leaders say they plan to push the issue at the beginning of the next legislative session.

Although some commentators say concealed carry is a distraction from the economic issues the GOP was elected to tackle, it's a policy the party has been promising its base for years and cannot afford to punt on.

The question that remains is how expansive the concealed carry legislation will be. The bill that Doyle vetoed would have allowed those who go through gun-safety training to get permits. In light of their large majorities, however, Republicans may propose a more ambitious alternative that would make concealed carry a right with few restrictions.

oak1971

Hoping for Constitutional Carry, not holding my breath. Both my state senator and assembly persons are Democraps and don't listen to a word I say. Last time I went to the Capitol they were hiding and would not come out and speak to anyone.

protias

Hopefully there will not be a permit system. That would go against the GOP platform of Constitutional Carry. If this comes up for a vote, I will do my part and contact every single legislator and remind them of this.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
We will in the following months find out if the majority party just talks the talk or walks the walk, And that also goes for those in the minority party who claim to support article 1 sec. 25 s , For any lawful purpose just as D.A Fox does along with some of Wi. judges.
5. Approving concealed carry
Although some commentators say concealed carry is a distraction from the economic issues the GOP was elected to tackle, it's a policy the party has been promising its base for years and cannot afford to punt on.

A direct repeal of 941.23 right out the gate is the least distraction possible, There are already laws on the books for crimes with a firearm, Just enforce them. No need to negotiate mandated training type , the cost of a license who will license applicants sheriffs the d.m.v.
what happens to the extra hired staff when the influx of applicants dies down? Do they lose their jobs if the money from licenses dry up!
A pemit system is only feel good legislation and does not keep firearms out of the hands of those prohibited from possessing them, it restricts the rights of us allowed to possess firearms and turns it into a priviledge.

We will see who collects the thirty pieces of silver!

bigdaddy1

The people that stand to make a lot of money on a permit system are lobbying for a permit and training requirement. Unless those apposed to this intrusive process make their views known there will be little chance of preventing it. Take the battle to your representatives, don't assume someone else will do it for you.

johnny amish

If there was ever a time to make some noise it is now, we need to contact our lawmaker today, tomarrow, the next day and so on. The squeeky wheel will get the greese. The laws are not writen because of the actions of many, they are writen because of the inactions of many.