• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Banning Poll

Extremist Ban?

• Ban

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Temp Ban

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Monitor

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Left Alone

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
We've had all sorts of polls along these lines posted over the years, especially since member-moderators were eliminated. It comes down to this, if you feel strongly about someone being a problem, write a cogent email as to the issue and send it to Mike and John. It is their decision to counsel, restrict or ban the the perceived offender. As a fellow forum member you can engage the person within the rules of the forum or just ignore the person. That's it. Anything more is just venting.

jimd_21

Ok the issue of ignoring the problem....

Ask the White House about that.....
Ask the FBI about that....
Ask the CIA about that...
Ask School Principals about that...
Ask School Teachers About that....
Ask Parents about that.....
Ask the Catholic church about that....
Ask the people affected in all the school shooting's about that.....

Typical of us Americans.....Ignore our problems and worry and funding others....

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
This is not even remotely like any of the things you listed. This is a privately owned forum. We post here at the sole discretion of Mike or John the forum owners. There is no preemption here. This is just like carrying on private property. You don't have to like if the owner of that property asks you to leave, sides with someone who doesn't like your carrying or stands by quietly while a fellow customer verbally abuses you but asks you to leave just because you say "darnit" in an agitated voice. It is their private property.

That is the situation with the forum. No matter how many polls you post or how many people agree with you, it only matters if Mike and John agree with you. If they don't, your options are limited and many people find that "ignore" is their best option to not stress over the stuff they don't want to read.

jimd_21

I am not ignoring their property or the people on their property.

In fact i am grateful for this forum and community and the learning experience.

Just like a property owner allowing hunters to hunt on his property, I will respect his property and rules...but will have issues with people that ignore them.

And i see the Second Amendment the same way. It is all our property, and will defend it from people who blatantly disrespect it or abuse it.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I am not ignoring their property or the people on their property.

In fact i am grateful for this forum and community and the learning experience.

Just like a property owner allowing hunters to hunt on his property, I will respect his property and rules...but will have issues with people that ignore them.

And i see the Second Amendment the same way. It is all our property, and will defend it from people who blatantly disrespect it or abuse it.

I'm not saying you are ignoring it, but rather that there is nothing you can do about it beyond making the ownership aware of your concerns. I certainly understand and relate with your desire to defend the forum from such issues, however, that is beyond your power as just a forum member. I'm not criticizing your concerns or enthusiasm in the least, but rather trying to point out that you are whistling in a hurricane and in the end, the hurricane is unaffected and you are just frustrated and tired.

Seriously, email your concerns to John and Mike and then just be done with worrying about it. Ignore or not as you will (I usually don't just in case there is an ideal moment for a wonderfully snarky comment) but I refuse to let myself get worked up about it. Whatever you want to do. Just trying to give you the benefit of my years on this and other similarly administered forums.

PT111

I assume that this post is about kwik and if so that is OK with me. It is completely within John and Mike's power to allow him to continue or be banned. It really doesn't matter with me. As for kwik I enjoy his threads and reading the banter back and forth on them and how he tries to explain away every question asked. As I have said before as long as he is busy on those threads then he isn't off on others trying to work them up into a tizzy. As for kwik himself I don't know him, have never seen him and cannot make any real judgement about him. All this talk on the Internet may be real or fake so that is something that can't be used to actually make a determination about the actual person. However in reading his posts and others relating to him, as an untrained psycholigist or psycharist in my opinion and nothing more he is mentally unstable and should not be walking around with a gun. He may be different in actual life than in his posts but he sure gives the impression of an accident waiting to happen and needs serious help, not necessarily just about guns but in other aspects of life.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I was thinking of something more along the lines of a Barrett M107, with 50 BMG Armor-Piercing-Incendiary rounds,when taking the kids to the park. You are so full of it, Manson likes Cocoa Pebbles.

I tried it, the M107 is too big for the slide. For taking the kids to the park a 60mm Mortar is sufficient.

slowfiveoh

You're hilarious dude.

This thread is nothing but Jimd_21 not knowing his rights, and wanting help (specifically asking Eye) because he is unable to carry himself:

Here are some of his gems:

Yes it is an exercise of a right.....but one now has to act in 2010, not 1880.

Hey I'm sure you and Beretta can enjoy the same tasty Kool-Aid.

Oh here is one where he is equating kwiks actions with what he sees as a parallel.

Why blow up Towers, when something more civil could get your point across.

Just...lol. :lol:

One could say what you are doing could be considered as visual assault/rape/intimidation....

Wow...

The comment that got him coming over here, seeking help:

What threat are we facing on a day to day basis in the USA in this time period that warrants a well regulated militia?

U.S. Code Title 10, Section 311
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are —
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

I responded with several articulate and well informed posts, irregardless of him opening his replies with nothing but insults.

It is his cowardice and fear that pushed him to open this thread after objecting to anybody who disagrees with his limitation, and consequently labeling them as "extremists".

Being closed minded, as well as a fear monger, never got anybody anywhere.

Instead of articulating his frame of mind, or offering up historical or legal substantiation to said mindset, he starts a thread about banning "extremists", while simultaneously seeking support for his express limitation of an inalienable right that is not to be infringed.

Hilarious scenario is indeed hilarious. :lol:

ChiangShih

The name should be changed to Ban Kwik poll. Oddly enough, this wouldn't be the first ban kwik poll thread I've seen online. It's obvious he hurts the OC movement and the gun movement for that matter. He puts a bad face on many of our PR accomplishments and sets us all back with all of his stunts. This should be enough to remove him as a good faith gesture to the rest of our society that we do not condone nor support him or his actions.

My vote, as much as it doesn't matter, BAN Kwik. :D

Last edited:

ChiangShih

I voted for banning the extremist fringe who fail to recognize the right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

Lol, or the extremists who paint the tips of ak pistols orange, look for trouble, then go sue happy while claiming to be a friend of the cause.

Ban those guys. :D

eye95

Extremists paint their guns orange?
Open carry is looking for trouble?
Suing to protect my civil rights is bad?

I think that painting a gun orange IS extreme.
Open carry, the way some do it, IS looking for trouble.
Deliberately setting up circumstances to manufacture a lawsuit IS bad.

All in all, the above actions don't help the cause. They provide examples for those who want to paint all RKBA advocates as wackos.

And before anyone says I am trying to infringe on someone's rights, I am not saying folks CAN'T do the above, but, IMO, they SHOULDN'T.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I am inclined to think Leonard has actually done us some favors. By posting his insipid activities all over the internet, and being resoundingly rejected by almost the entire Pro-Gun community proves we are not all wackos. In fact it shows we're more than willing to criticize, marginalize and ostracize those who do things that are obviously stupid, and that we're not falling for actors who pretend to be promoting our agenda. Keep it up Leonard, you just might be doing us a favor after all.