Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still think the police have a duty to protect you?

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Still think the police have a duty to protect you?

Of course we all know this isn't the case. Case law has already established the police have no duty to protect you.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/110426134.html

Clearly in this case Dane County knew they couldn't be held accountable and the family's attorneys knew it also. The "settlement" is a paltry amount that is more of a PR gesture on behalf of the county.

Call 911. Sounds of a struggle and screams. Police show up 48 minutes later.

The only person that can assure you and your family's protection is yourself

And of course this goes hand in hand with the story from CT we've all seen on the news.

Family raped and tortured while father is tied up in the basement. Father escapes and police are outside the house but don't enter.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/c...iSbXiWwlizKJ/0

When people ask me why I carry I ask them why you wouldn't.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

I have never been under the illusion that police protect and serve. They mostly clean up the mess afterward and write reports and tickets. Not the fault of the officers, they just follow orders. Though some are better than others.
    Last edited by oak1971; 11-25-2010 at 02:10 AM.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_...ct_of_Columbia

In 1981 DC's highest court ruled that the police do not have a legal responsibility to provide personal protection to individuals only society as a whole.

I got criticized one time for referring to the police as 'mere historians'. The show up AFTER all the crap has gone down to document everything..

McX
    my duty is to protect me, my family and loved ones, customers, property, and citizens within proximity to me. with the police having no duty to protect us, and being minutes away- or longer, when needed, i can see why they persecute us- jealous of their obsolesence, and hating us for it.

We as Open Carry advocates have put the cops on the "back burner". We have chosen to be "self sufficient" and self reliant. With the mindset of many cops, they see this self reliance as an infringement of their own "God given" authority and their reaction is to harass and intimidate into submission. That ain't gonna happen!
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Quote Originally Posted by krusty View Post
    We as Constitutional Carry advocates have put the cops on the "back burner". We have chosen to be "self sufficient" and self reliant. With the mindset of many cops, they see this self reliance as an infringement of their own "god given" authority and their reaction is to harass and intimidate into submission. That ain't gonna happen!
    ftfy
    Last edited by protias; 11-25-2010 at 01:20 PM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Slave or Free Man... Choose.

As far as siting goes, I found the PDF decision here. http://www.ll.georgetown.edu/federal...s/02-7120a.pdf

One of my favorite lines is a gun equalizes the unequal.
    Unfortunately all we can ever do is react, and with that in mind I would rather react to protect myself, family or anybody around me with a sidearm rather than a cell phone to call a gun.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Yup. Police have no duty to protect you. Case law is already in place for this. It's to bad she didn't have the means to protect herself in her pocket or on her belt

The TV show law and order (UK version) they say "it is the polices job to investigate crime", not to prevent it.

Banned
    The real question is, if the police have no duty to protect you, then why stop and answer their questions? Why let them reach into your pockets to obtain your ID when we have no obligation to ID? Why let them detain you unlawfully when they have no legal reason for detainment? Where is this all leading? Where does their abuse of authority stop? When do we say enough is enough?
    It is only a matter of time before our government starts removing those rebel rousers from the general population and the funny thing is everyone will sit back and let that happen as well. Why? Because they don't want to make a scene or draw attention to themselves. They don't want to join the ones who will be rounded up and that means in the end they will give in and hand over their firearms like good sheeple would.
    When do you say enough is enough?
    What will you do if/when they come for your guns?
    Just curious.
    Last edited by J.Gleason; 11-26-2010 at 11:14 AM.

I was always told "don't keep all of your eggs in one basket". Same goes for guns and ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    What will you do if/when they come for your guns?
    Just curious.
    They better come with more than I have!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    I like your Answer!

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    Every one has more guns than me. I lost all mine in a tragic boating accident.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Every one has more guns than me. I lost all mine in a tragic boating accident.
    Mind if I use that story?

Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    Mind if I use that story?
    Seems to be a reoccurring event among firearm owners. Even after they purchased a new firearm, it gets lost in a boating accident. Strange events. Strange events.

It's never ceased to befuddle me how states and municipalities will still deny citizens the right to bear arms in their own defense when it's clear that police have no duty to protect. Such renders citizens defensless against the very predators that the police have no duty to protect them from. Moreover... those who would dare defend themselves are prosecuted for doing so. They have more to fear from their government than criminals. The rest... are just spineless bleating sheep.

I always used to carry my guns when on the boat, you never know when a rouge fish may attack. If only I was a better boatist. Now I have none. So sad.

If somebody comes in my house to torture and kill my family, they will be sh!tting their pants soon enough when staring down the barrel of one of my home defense guns.

Quote Originally Posted by smithman View Post
    If somebody comes in my house to torture and kill my family, they will be sh!tting their pants soon enough when staring down the barrel of one of my home defense guns.
    Don't forget to do the warning shot just (before) you open up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Don't forget to do the warning shot just (before) you open up on them.
    Warning shot? They should know their "job" is dangerous enough. They should be willing to accept the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Seems to be a reoccurring event among firearm owners. Even after they purchased a new firearm, it gets lost in a boating accident. Strange events. Strange events.
    Not unlike all those dash cams in the the LEO,s cars.

They some how always seem to malfunction when there is a dispute as to the truth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast