• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Still think the police have a duty to protect you?

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Of course we all know this isn't the case. Case law has already established the police have no duty to protect you.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/110426134.html

Clearly in this case Dane County knew they couldn't be held accountable and the family's attorneys knew it also. The "settlement" is a paltry amount that is more of a PR gesture on behalf of the county.

Call 911. Sounds of a struggle and screams. Police show up 48 minutes later.

The only person that can assure you and your family's protection is yourself

And of course this goes hand in hand with the story from CT we've all seen on the news.

Family raped and tortured while father is tied up in the basement. Father escapes and police are outside the house but don't enter.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/connecticut_doctor_whose_family_eWPz3N9foeiSbXiWwlizKJ/0

When people ask me why I carry I ask them why you wouldn't.

oak1971

I have never been under the illusion that police protect and serve. They mostly clean up the mess afterward and write reports and tickets. Not the fault of the officers, they just follow orders. Though some are better than others.

Last edited:
M

McX

my duty is to protect me, my family and loved ones, customers, property, and citizens within proximity to me. with the police having no duty to protect us, and being minutes away- or longer, when needed, i can see why they persecute us- jealous of their obsolesence, and hating us for it.

Krusty

We as Open Carry advocates have put the cops on the "back burner". We have chosen to be "self sufficient" and self reliant. With the mindset of many cops, they see this self reliance as an infringement of their own "God given" authority and their reaction is to harass and intimidate into submission. That ain't gonna happen!

protias

We as Constitutional Carry advocates have put the cops on the "back burner". We have chosen to be "self sufficient" and self reliant. With the mindset of many cops, they see this self reliance as an infringement of their own "god given" authority and their reaction is to harass and intimidate into submission. That ain't gonna happen!
ftfy :D

Last edited:

johnny amish

One of my favorite lines is a gun equalizes the unequal.
Unfortunately all we can ever do is react, and with that in mind I would rather react to protect myself, family or anybody around me with a sidearm rather than a cell phone to call a gun.

Passive101

Yup. Police have no duty to protect you. Case law is already in place for this. It's to bad she didn't have the means to protect herself in her pocket or on her belt :(

J.Gleason

Banned
The real question is, if the police have no duty to protect you, then why stop and answer their questions? Why let them reach into your pockets to obtain your ID when we have no obligation to ID? Why let them detain you unlawfully when they have no legal reason for detainment? Where is this all leading? Where does their abuse of authority stop? When do we say enough is enough?
It is only a matter of time before our government starts removing those rebel rousers from the general population and the funny thing is everyone will sit back and let that happen as well. Why? Because they don't want to make a scene or draw attention to themselves. They don't want to join the ones who will be rounded up and that means in the end they will give in and hand over their firearms like good sheeple would.
When do you say enough is enough?
What will you do if/when they come for your guns?
Just curious.

Last edited:

Sonora Rebel

It's never ceased to befuddle me how states and municipalities will still deny citizens the right to bear arms in their own defense when it's clear that police have no duty to protect. Such renders citizens defensless against the very predators that the police have no duty to protect them from. Moreover... those who would dare defend themselves are prosecuted for doing so. They have more to fear from their government than criminals. The rest... are just spineless bleating sheep.