• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Still think the police have a duty to protect you?

bigdaddy1

I always used to carry my guns when on the boat, you never know when a rouge fish may attack. If only I was a better boatist. Now I have none. So sad.

smithman

If somebody comes in my house to torture and kill my family, they will be sh!tting their pants soon enough when staring down the barrel of one of my home defense guns.

oldschool

Seems to be a reoccurring event among firearm owners. Even after they purchased a new firearm, it gets lost in a boating accident. Strange events. Strange events.

Not unlike all those dash cams in the the LEO,s cars.

They some how always seem to malfunction when there is a dispute as to the truth.

kwikrnu

Banned
It is only a matter of time before our government starts removing those rebel rousers from the general population and the funny thing is everyone will sit back and let that happen as well. Why? Because they don't want to make a scene or draw attention to themselves. They don't want to join the ones who will be rounded up and that means in the end they will give in and hand over their firearms like good sheeple would.
When do you say enough is enough?
What will you do if/when they come for your guns?
Just curious.

I was always told "don't keep all of your eggs in one basket". Same goes for guns and ammo.

They better come with more than I have!!:lol:

I like your Answer!

Every one has more guns than me. I lost all mine in a tragic boating accident. :(

Mind if I use that story?

Seems to be a reoccurring event among firearm owners. Even after they purchased a new firearm, it gets lost in a boating accident. Strange events. Strange events.

It's never ceased to befuddle me how states and municipalities will still deny citizens the right to bear arms in their own defense when it's clear that police have no duty to protect. Such renders citizens defensless against the very predators that the police have no duty to protect them from. Moreover... those who would dare defend themselves are prosecuted for doing so. They have more to fear from their government than criminals. The rest... are just spineless bleating sheep.

I always used to carry my guns when on the boat, you never know when a rouge fish may attack. If only I was a better boatist. Now I have none. So sad.

None of the quoted comments have anything to do with government agents seizing firearms like they did in NO?

protias

I was just confused as to why you posted that kwikrnu since it confiscation was never mentioned, just some off topic posting.

J.Gleason

Banned
You guys talk tough, but when the cops come to claim your weapons, like they did in NO, you'll hand them over.

You are obviously talking about yourself here. I will never hand over my firearms to the tyrannical government. I am a veteran of the United States of America. I have taken an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and I will not follow any unlawful orders, be it from the Police or the Government. I will not surrender my firearms.
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zztaj2AFiy8&feature=player_embedded

You on the other hand have made it more than clear that you would hand them over by your post here.

So who is the sheep?

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

I have taken an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and I will not follow any unlawful orders, be it from the Police or the Government. I will not surrender my firearms.
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zztaj2AFiy8&feature=player_embedded

Can I get a AMEN!!!!!!

I urge everyone to check out OathKeepers.

I will only add that I will not follow and unconstitutional orders, cuz a corrupt government can pass a law I won't obey.

M

McX

the only given, absolute i know of is my right to protect me. the rest is open to interpretation, and question, probably for all time.

J.Gleason

Banned
****ing A right I'll give you an AMEN.

Just when I was really giving up hope... friends and family completely giving up their inalienable rights. And calling me the crazy one 'cause I refuse to.

Last time I checked the Constitution didn't start with "Just pick a few that might come in handy. You're not going to need ALL these Amendments".

And in keeping with the OP:
Neighbors called 911 after hearing the mother's screams and were outraged cops didn't go in for nearly an hour. By then, she was dead.

The NYPD said police who responded to the scene acted appropriately and were waiting for the Emergency Service Unit to arrive.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...#ixzz16Z3CJifY

That is exactly the same thing that happened during the Columbine shooting. The cops all stayed outside until the shooting stopped. Now that is protection. Protecting themselves. I wonder how much money the parents of all of the dead children gave to the policeman's benevolent society since that incident. They would have been better off handing their guns over to the parents and letting them handle the situation.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Speak for yourself.

Having these arguments is silly.

No one knows the real answer. If, for example, 10 cops come to my house kick the door down and put me on the ground, they will take my weapons, no question about it. Will I shoot a cop coming in? My initial answer is no. Document the encounter and go to court. If the apocalypse happens? Who knows? To quote my favorite police chief, it depends on the totality of the circumstance.