Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weapons license fee increases.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Weapons license fee increases.

Just as predicted. Shall issue permit fee's. JUST another tax that they WILL jack up on you to raise revenue:

Weapons License Fee Increase

8/15/10
    The total application cost for a Georgia Weapon License was increased $15 state wide in June. The increase was included in a bill that changed the probate court application fee from $15 to $30. This is in addition to the $20 fee The Georgia Bureau of Investigations (performs one of the fingerprint background checks) decided to start charging last year.
    You should now expect to pay between $70 and $78 to apply for a new or renewal Georgia Weapons License.

Source: http://georgiapacking.org/
    Last edited by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman; 11-25-2010 at 04:04 PM.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Yep, I had an argument to that effect in another thread. It's the way government works, they never met a fee they didn't like to increase.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    New Hampshire as well.

From http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/n...ing/plupr.html

Effective July 1, 2009, the fee for Non-Resident Applications increases from $20.00 to $100.00.

Fee's have only one direction to go, up. We need to do everything possible to prevent a fee permit system.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

It's not just the fees, it is the back-door registration too. Those who are lobbying for training, licensing and fees need to rethink their position. Rather than impose onerous laws and fees on your fellow citizens, you should be thinking about the damage to our rights that you are directly responsible for. I consider it dishonorable and a slap in the face. Verging on being a traitor to the cause of freedom... I'll open carry should this come about.

Fees!

If and when the state decides we "need" a permit system, I will challenge the legislature to include a fee for going to church and public speaking! Maybe those fees should also be attached to such a bill.
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    If and when the state decides we "need" a permit system, I will challenge the legislature to include a fee for going to church and public speaking! Maybe those fees should also be attached to such a bill.
    Would be fantastic, especially for all our politicians.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    It's the way government works, they never met a fee they didn't like to increase.
    There's one more thing to like about Kansas... they recently reduced their permit fees.
    Would be better if they didn't restrict rights at all, but it's a step in the right direction.

http://www.ksag.org/page/concealed-carry
    Effective July 1, 2010 ... Fees have been reduced to $100.00 payable to the Attorney General and $32.50 payable to the County Sheriff.

They also have very specific rules about what constitutes a legal "no guns" sign:
    http://www.ksag.org/files/Posting_of...or_Website.pdf
    http://www.ksag.org/files/shared/con...rrysignage.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Banned
    This is what we have to look forward too because there are so many in this state that will give anything to get their hands on a ccw permit. They are blind to the reality that after getting that permit there will be increased fees, mandated training and guess what? Registration. That's right registration. That is what a permit is. Your name gets put on a list. Get use to it because if the mentality of the people involved in this movement does not change to support Constitutional Carry/Non-Permitted Carry that is exactly what life will be like for all of us.

Sux that any state requires a permit in the first place. I will never have a permit, regardless of which State I live in. It certainly isn't the Govt's business what guns I own.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    This will cost them ..... Most people I know with New Hampshire are not renewing due to tha fact that there are several other $100 permits that get you more.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SprayAndPray View Post
    This will cost them ..... Most people I know with New Hampshire are not renewing due to tha fact that there are several other $100 permits that get you more.
    New Hampshire is repealing it's concealed carry/vehicle carry ban next year, so their fee increase won't matter as much. I was one of the last $20 licenses who got in before the July 1st cut off last year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SprayAndPray View Post
    I prefer $0, which is what we will get with Constitutional Carry. I would be willing to give $5.00 to get the optional reciprocity permit I suppose. Although filing for any permit is registration and I do not agree with registration in any form. Especially when those lists of permit holders have already been made public in some states. I am sure that someone will be along soon to argue that getting a permit is not registration, but why then is your name put on a list to be shared publicly? Permits=registration. Registration=Confiscation. Just ask the people of New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    I prefer $0, which is what we will get with Constitutional Carry. I would be willing to give $5.00 to get the optional reciprocity permit I suppose. Although filing for any permit is registration and I do not agree with registration in any form. Especially when those lists of permit holders have already been made public in some states. I am sure that someone will be along soon to argue that getting a permit is not registration, but why then is your name put on a list to be shared publicly? Permits=registration. Registration=Confiscation. Just ask the people of New Orleans.
    Not to mention getting finger printed! Why do law abiding people get treated like criminals?!

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Not to mention getting finger printed! Why do law abiding people get treated like criminals?!
    Clearly for Registration purposes

All other states should just go constitutional / choice carry and be done with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
    All other states should just go constitutional / choice carry and be done with it!
    This time eleventy billion!

I prefer $0, which is what we will get with Constitutional Carry. I would be willing to give $5.00 to get the optional reciprocity permit I suppose. Although filing for any permit is registration and I do not agree with registration in any form. Especially when those lists of permit holders have already been made public in some states. I am sure that someone will be along soon to argue that getting a permit is not registration, but why then is your name put on a list to be shared publicly? Permits=registration. Registration=Confiscation. Just ask the people of New Orleans
    A few points:

1) There is no point to any license list being published if it is shall-issue. The only states where lists have been published are some of the older carry laws that was passed in the 80's and early 90's. Washington State closed it's list to public access in 1997. Florida did it in 2005. I can tell you that the chances of having the list out there for public access is 0.

2) We keep going around and around on this because repeating something over and over again does not make it true. New Orleans Police Officers and other assorted thugs just went house to house for guns and didn't bother looking up lists. Lack of registration did not save the guns of the people in New Orleans.

3) Wisconsin's old PPA's never had any gun registration on the licenses like they do in California and New York State. The definition of gun registration is a registration of firearms specific to an owner. The is a concealed WEAPONS license, which allows someone to carry weapons, which happens to include firearms. None of my licenses, especially the ones that say "weapons", have never had any guns on them. How is that registration?

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I don't understand the point of fingerprinting, either. Minnesota does not require fingerprinting. In fact, there's certainly enough information one can get from name checks that'll come up with something unlawful. VCDL in Virginia's been leading the charge in getting the counties to strike out that requirement, and they'll likely succeed on a statewide basis next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
    Sure, do you have a plan to make that happen nationwide instantly at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
    Sure, do you have a plan to make that happen nationwide instantly at the same time?
    The law obeying citizens of the great state of Wisconsin can set the standard for all other states to follow.

How's choice carry going in your state?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
    None of my licenses, especially the ones that say "weapons", have never had any guns on them. How is that registration?
    I know there's at least one state (can't recall at the moment... got up too early again this morning to go shopping) that requires registration of the gun itself, with the paper to be carried with the gun, and each separate gun has to have its own permit.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Registration. That's right registration. That is what a permit is. Your name gets put on a list.
    Exactly.

Dont forget some States only allow you to carry the firearm listed on the permit.

Dont some States require you to submit a fired and recovered bullet or you have to turn your side arm over for them to fire and collect so the bullet will be in their database????
    Wouldnt this be a direct violation of the 5th Amendment???.

Your providing evidence to use against yourself just like ya would be if you ran your mouth at time of arrest.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Banned
    Permits=Registration
    Registration=Confiscation

There will be a record that you have a permit. At that point it will not matter what type of firearm or weapon you have. If the tyrannical government wants them they will come knockin. And by the way I have spoken with some former New Orleans LEO and they did start their searches with the use of permit lists and registered firearms at the start. Then they moved to the door to door sweep and you can call it what ever you like. I call it confiscation.

This is what we have to look forward too because there are so many in this state that will give anything to get their hands on a ccw permit. They are blind to the reality that after getting that permit there will be increased fees, mandated training and guess what? Registration. That's right registration. That is what a permit is. Your name gets put on a list. Get use to it because if the mentality of the people involved in this movement does not change to support Constitutional Carry/Non-Permitted Carry that is exactly what life will be like for all of us.
    Clearly for Registration purposes
    Permits=Registration
    Registration=Confiscation

There will be a record that you have a permit. At that point it will not matter what type of firearm or weapon you have. If the tyrannical government wants them they will come knockin. And by the way I have spoken with some former New Orleans LEO and they did start their searches with the use of permit lists and registered firearms at the start. Then they moved to the door to door sweep and you can call it what ever you like. I call it confiscation.
    What he said...

I cannot believe some of what I am hearing here. The only way we get what we want is to make it known... Period. I don't really care how it is done someplace else. I know how I want it done here. Constitutional Carry is the only acceptable answer. Open Carry is fine and I am very comfortable with it but I would like Concealed Carry at times too. It would be great to carry a back up or not worry if my coat covers my main carry gun.

Why would any of you be OK with new onerous laws and hoops to jump through. Why would you be OK with increased bureaucracy, OK with fees of any kind or big brother watching your every move. This is not what my struggle for the 2A is all about. Nor is it legal. What part of shall not be infringed do you not get. It is an infringement if I cannot afford a license to carry a gun.

As far as I am concerned, those who are lobbying for a licensed and mandatory training law should be boycotted forever. These; I have words for them that are not allowed here, folks are in it for the bucks and they see this as a way of guaranteeing their financial future at the expense of our rights. Traitors.

Hardballer out!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast