• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weapons license fee increases.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Just as predicted. Shall issue permit fee's. JUST another tax that they WILL jack up on you to raise revenue:

Weapons License Fee Increase

8/15/10
The total application cost for a Georgia Weapon License was increased $15 state wide in June. The increase was included in a bill that changed the probate court application fee from $15 to $30. This is in addition to the $20 fee The Georgia Bureau of Investigations (performs one of the fingerprint background checks) decided to start charging last year.
You should now expect to pay between $70 and $78 to apply for a new or renewal Georgia Weapons License.

Source: http://georgiapacking.org/

Last edited:

oak1971

Yep, I had an argument to that effect in another thread. It's the way government works, they never met a fee they didn't like to increase.

hardballer

It's not just the fees, it is the back-door registration too. Those who are lobbying for training, licensing and fees need to rethink their position. Rather than impose onerous laws and fees on your fellow citizens, you should be thinking about the damage to our rights that you are directly responsible for. I consider it dishonorable and a slap in the face. Verging on being a traitor to the cause of freedom... I'll open carry should this come about.

Krusty

Fees!

If and when the state decides we "need" a permit system, I will challenge the legislature to include a fee for going to church and public speaking! Maybe those fees should also be attached to such a bill.

protias

If and when the state decides we "need" a permit system, I will challenge the legislature to include a fee for going to church and public speaking! Maybe those fees should also be attached to such a bill.
Would be fantastic, especially for all our politicians. :p

MKEgal

It's the way government works, they never met a fee they didn't like to increase.

There's one more thing to like about Kansas... they recently reduced their permit fees.
Would be better if they didn't restrict rights at all, but it's a step in the right direction.

http://www.ksag.org/page/concealed-carry
Effective July 1, 2010 ... Fees have been reduced to $100.00 payable to the Attorney General and $32.50 payable to the County Sheriff.

They also have very specific rules about what constitutes a legal "no guns" sign:
http://www.ksag.org/files/Posting_of_Approved_Signage_-_2010_Changes_for_Website.pdf
http://www.ksag.org/files/shared/concealcarrysignage.pdf

J.Gleason

Banned
This is what we have to look forward too because there are so many in this state that will give anything to get their hands on a ccw permit. They are blind to the reality that after getting that permit there will be increased fees, mandated training and guess what? Registration. That's right registration. That is what a permit is. Your name gets put on a list. Get use to it because if the mentality of the people involved in this movement does not change to support Constitutional Carry/Non-Permitted Carry that is exactly what life will be like for all of us.

1FASTC4

Sux that any state requires a permit in the first place. I will never have a permit, regardless of which State I live in. It certainly isn't the Govt's business what guns I own.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
This will cost them ..... Most people I know with New Hampshire are not renewing due to tha fact that there are several other $100 permits that get you more.

New Hampshire is repealing it's concealed carry/vehicle carry ban next year, so their fee increase won't matter as much. I was one of the last $20 licenses who got in before the July 1st cut off last year.

J.Gleason

Banned
This will cost them ..... Most people I know with New Hampshire are not renewing due to tha fact that there are several other $100 permits that get you more.

I prefer $0, which is what we will get with Constitutional Carry. I would be willing to give $5.00 to get the optional reciprocity permit I suppose. Although filing for any permit is registration and I do not agree with registration in any form. Especially when those lists of permit holders have already been made public in some states. I am sure that someone will be along soon to argue that getting a permit is not registration, but why then is your name put on a list to be shared publicly? Permits=registration. Registration=Confiscation. Just ask the people of New Orleans.

protias

I prefer $0, which is what we will get with Constitutional Carry. I would be willing to give $5.00 to get the optional reciprocity permit I suppose. Although filing for any permit is registration and I do not agree with registration in any form. Especially when those lists of permit holders have already been made public in some states. I am sure that someone will be along soon to argue that getting a permit is not registration, but why then is your name put on a list to be shared publicly? Permits=registration. Registration=Confiscation. Just ask the people of New Orleans.
Not to mention getting finger printed! Why do law abiding people get treated like criminals?!

Peacekeeper

All other states should just go constitutional / choice carry and be done with it!

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
I prefer $0, which is what we will get with Constitutional Carry. I would be willing to give $5.00 to get the optional reciprocity permit I suppose. Although filing for any permit is registration and I do not agree with registration in any form. Especially when those lists of permit holders have already been made public in some states. I am sure that someone will be along soon to argue that getting a permit is not registration, but why then is your name put on a list to be shared publicly? Permits=registration. Registration=Confiscation. Just ask the people of New Orleans

A few points:

1) There is no point to any license list being published if it is shall-issue. The only states where lists have been published are some of the older carry laws that was passed in the 80's and early 90's. Washington State closed it's list to public access in 1997. Florida did it in 2005. I can tell you that the chances of having the list out there for public access is 0.

2) We keep going around and around on this because repeating something over and over again does not make it true. New Orleans Police Officers and other assorted thugs just went house to house for guns and didn't bother looking up lists. Lack of registration did not save the guns of the people in New Orleans.

3) Wisconsin's old PPA's never had any gun registration on the licenses like they do in California and New York State. The definition of gun registration is a registration of firearms specific to an owner. The is a concealed WEAPONS license, which allows someone to carry weapons, which happens to include firearms. None of my licenses, especially the ones that say "weapons", have never had any guns on them. How is that registration?

Not to mention getting finger printed! Why do law abiding people get treated like criminals?!

I don't understand the point of fingerprinting, either. Minnesota does not require fingerprinting. In fact, there's certainly enough information one can get from name checks that'll come up with something unlawful. VCDL in Virginia's been leading the charge in getting the counties to strike out that requirement, and they'll likely succeed on a statewide basis next year.