Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A holstered gun doesn't just discharge on its own

A holstered gun doesn't just discharge on its own

Last edited by Leatherneck; 11-29-2010 at 11:25 PM.

Damn I had to check my calender , I was wondering how did it become April so soon .

I don't think that's funny at all...
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortech View Post
    Damn I had to check my calender , I was wondering how did it become April so soon .
    Me too; I thought it was time to start riding again.

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    HAHA!
    Made you look!

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome all of the antis that are lurking.
    Stick around and educate yourselves!
    I'm so glad this is a comedy forum now.

That was awesome! Anti's should stick around here to learn a think or two.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Yours went off while it was still in the holster? Man, you ain't got nothin on me...

During thanksgiving dinner, my gun jumped out of its holster and started firing off rounds! It killed EVERYONE at the table, and when it ran out, it dropped its own mag! I stared in disbelief as one of my spare mags magically levitated out of the mag pouch and went straight into the grip of my XD. Then it took off through the window and shot all the neighbors!

FINALLY, after ALL THE HORROR, I woke up.
    Last edited by .45ACPaddy; 11-26-2010 at 06:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

And here I had a bunch of smart remarks lined up that will just have to wait.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Helmke says bullets can go "astray".

Funny thing is mine always go in a straight line (not accounting for the downward arc caused by gravity) toward what I pointed it at. Until they hit something solid. I have never seen one wander around on its own until it hit an innocent child.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Helmke says bullets can go "astray".

Funny thing is mine always go in a straight line (not accounting for the downward arc caused by gravity) toward what I pointed it at. Until they hit something solid. I have never seen one wander around on its own until it hit an innocent child.
    Maybe we should make bullets that are like TOW missiles. Wire guided from launch to target. That way there would me fewer misses and we wouldn't read of LEO's discharging dozens or rounds while not hitting anyone.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Maybe we should make bullets that are like TOW missiles. Wire guided from launch to target. That way there would me fewer misses and we wouldn't read of LEO's discharging dozens or rounds while not hitting anyone.
    Miniature infrared camera and microscopic computer to process and realign towards the target would be better...
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    Miniature infrared camera and microscopic computer to process and realign towards the target would be better...
    Just put all that in the Hollow Point Cavity, right?

why not?
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

why not?
    Sure would contribute to the argument for large calibers.

Just put all that in the Hollow Point Cavity, right?
    Along with the micro-stamping

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    Along with the micro-stamping
    Nah, we're only talking "accuracy" here. With ammo prices what they are, a "Smart Bullet" would cut back on the need for "live fire" practice.

Of course I have my Tongue in my Cheek when I say this.

Last edited by amlevin; 11-26-2010 at 12:48 PM.

And the need for large capacity magazines would go away. If it could be done it would be cool. But then once it could be done the authorities might say it is necessary and the only type of bullet you can buy. Than they would tax it. Damn!!!!!Shshshsh be quiet before someone invents it.

(They already have a version of this for some larger guns on the navy boats, from what I hear)

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    And the need for large capacity magazines would go away. If it could be done it would be cool. But then once it could be done the authorities might say it is necessary and the only type of bullet you can buy. Than they would tax it. Damn!!!!!Shshshsh be quiet before someone invents it.

(They already have a version of this for some larger guns on the navy boats, from what I hear)
    I think you'r referring to the "Excalibur" round for artillery pieces. Can be fired with major "offsets" and still "fly" to directly to the target. Accurate to a couple of feet from miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    I think you'r referring to the "Excalibur" round for artillery pieces. Can be fired with major "offsets" and still "fly" to directly to the target. Accurate to a couple of feet from miles away.
    I think so didn't remember the name but remember my brother telling me about them.

Quote Originally Posted by .45ACPaddy View Post
    Yours went off while it was still in the holster? Man, you ain't got nothin on me...

During thanksgiving dinner, my gun jumped out of its holster and started firing off rounds! It killed EVERYONE at the table, and when it ran out, it dropped its own mag! I stared in disbelief as one of my spare mags magically levitated out of the mag pouch and went straight into the grip of my XD. Then it took off through the window and shot all the neighbors!

FINALLY, after ALL THE HORROR, I woke up.
    My ammo magically came out of the can, flew across my trunk, and loaded itself into a magazine. They were 6 feet away from each other. How does ammo DO that? It then jumped into the magazine well and loaded a round into the chamber. It then lowered itself back into the locked box I carry it in and locked itself back into the box. Thank god for that!

Who'd have thought ammo can jump out of the can if it's too close to the gun itself? Amazing! I didn't have a video, so no America's Funniest Videos prize for me.

Disclaimer: The above was COMPLETE FICTION and should be taken as such. It was typed sarcastically to coincide with the OP and thread. Any action taken similar to the above post is totally coincidental. This message will self-destruct in .. *BOOM*

You got me !!!!

did somebody say.... Magic Bullet? That tracks the target??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51FWBfhUANL._SX500_.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	4660
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Runaway_02_(1984).jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	4659  

Quote Originally Posted by massivedesign View Post
    did somebody say.... Magic Bullet? That tracks the target??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51FWBfhUANL._SX500_.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	4660
    Yeah, you know, those laser guided, heat seeking incendiary bullets.

Shooters before hooters.

Quote Originally Posted by .45ACPaddy View Post
    Yeah, you know, those laser guided, heat seeking incendiary bullets.
    Something like these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8XcV...6E690&index=34

No no no, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQqieimwLQ

Shooters before hooters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast