• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A holstered gun doesn't just discharge on its own

.45ACPaddy

Yours went off while it was still in the holster? Man, you ain't got nothin on me...

During thanksgiving dinner, my gun jumped out of its holster and started firing off rounds! It killed EVERYONE at the table, and when it ran out, it dropped its own mag! I stared in disbelief as one of my spare mags magically levitated out of the mag pouch and went straight into the grip of my XD. Then it took off through the window and shot all the neighbors!

FINALLY, after ALL THE HORROR, I woke up.:lol:

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Helmke says bullets can go "astray".

Funny thing is mine always go in a straight line (not accounting for the downward arc caused by gravity) toward what I pointed it at. Until they hit something solid. I have never seen one wander around on its own until it hit an innocent child.

amlevin

Helmke says bullets can go "astray".

Funny thing is mine always go in a straight line (not accounting for the downward arc caused by gravity) toward what I pointed it at. Until they hit something solid. I have never seen one wander around on its own until it hit an innocent child.

Maybe we should make bullets that are like TOW missiles. Wire guided from launch to target. That way there would me fewer misses and we wouldn't read of LEO's discharging dozens or rounds while not hitting anyone.

devildoc5

Maybe we should make bullets that are like TOW missiles. Wire guided from launch to target. That way there would me fewer misses and we wouldn't read of LEO's discharging dozens or rounds while not hitting anyone.

Miniature infrared camera and microscopic computer to process and realign towards the target would be better...

amlevin

Along with the micro-stamping

Nah, we're only talking "accuracy" here. With ammo prices what they are, a "Smart Bullet" would cut back on the need for "live fire" practice.

Of course I have my Tongue in my Cheek when I say this.

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_625496.jpg

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

And the need for large capacity magazines would go away. If it could be done it would be cool. But then once it could be done the authorities might say it is necessary and the only type of bullet you can buy. Than they would tax it.:lol: Damn!!!!!Shshshsh be quiet before someone invents it.

(They already have a version of this for some larger guns on the navy boats, from what I hear)

amlevin

And the need for large capacity magazines would go away. If it could be done it would be cool. But then once it could be done the authorities might say it is necessary and the only type of bullet you can buy. Than they would tax it.:lol: Damn!!!!!Shshshsh be quiet before someone invents it.

(They already have a version of this for some larger guns on the navy boats, from what I hear)

I think you'r referring to the "Excalibur" round for artillery pieces. Can be fired with major "offsets" and still "fly" to directly to the target. Accurate to a couple of feet from miles away.

Deleted_User

Yours went off while it was still in the holster? Man, you ain't got nothin on me...

During thanksgiving dinner, my gun jumped out of its holster and started firing off rounds! It killed EVERYONE at the table, and when it ran out, it dropped its own mag! I stared in disbelief as one of my spare mags magically levitated out of the mag pouch and went straight into the grip of my XD. Then it took off through the window and shot all the neighbors!

FINALLY, after ALL THE HORROR, I woke up.:lol:

My ammo magically came out of the can, flew across my trunk, and loaded itself into a magazine. They were 6 feet away from each other. How does ammo DO that? It then jumped into the magazine well and loaded a round into the chamber. It then lowered itself back into the locked box I carry it in and locked itself back into the box. Thank god for that!

Who'd have thought ammo can jump out of the can if it's too close to the gun itself? Amazing! I didn't have a video, so no America's Funniest Videos prize for me.

Disclaimer: The above was COMPLETE FICTION and should be taken as such. It was typed sarcastically to coincide with the OP and thread. Any action taken similar to the above post is totally coincidental. This message will self-destruct in .. *BOOM*