Thread: Barista in Eugene shoots, kills robber

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post Barista in Eugene shoots, kills robber

http://www.nwcn.com/news/Barista-in-...110665269.html

EUGENE -- Two men tried to rob a Dutch Bros. coffee shop Wednesday and police say one of them may have been shot dead by a barista acting in self-defense.

The shooting took place about 9 p.m. at a Dutch Bros. near the University of Oregon campus at Franklin and Walnut.

Police said at least one of the suspects was armed.

A witness counted 18 police cars responding to the shooting. "We left the restaurant, came down the alley here. There was a gentleman here that said he heard multiple gunshots, sounded like one series then a break, then a small other series."

The dead man was in the entryway of the drive-through coffee stand, police said.

The second suspect got away. He was described as a white man with blonde hair, wearing jeans, brown hiking shoes and zip-up 'puffy' coat with fold-down collar.

Campaign Veteran
    I think it's interesting that just about all of the comments are pro.

if dutch brothers backs up their employee, they keep my business,
    if they fire this man, i will make sure that my families 10+ coffees a day go elsewhere

Dutch Brothers has told the employee invovled in the shooting to "take a month off".

A MONTH OF PAID LEAVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND

The Lane County DA has said "No criminal charges will be filed".

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/story...ZHWRISurA.cspx

OUTSTANDING...may I suggest that we drop by a Dutch Bros pick up a cup of coffee, and drop of a little note or letter of support for their outstanding corporate reaction.

KUDO'S in this case!
    Last edited by We-the-People; 12-03-2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: forgot to add link

as per my email to dutch brother the day after the shooting, they get my coffee consumption dollars from now on, provided they dont find a way to force this man out when he returns.

tomorrow my family will buy 10 cups of dutch bros coffee, and with each purchase from now on we will make it known that we support the company that supports its brave employee.
    Last edited by Teddybearfrmhell; 12-03-2010 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    Dutch Brothers has told the employee invovled in the shooting to "take a month off".

A MONTH OF PAID LEAVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND

The Lane County DA has said "No criminal charges will be filed".

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/story...ZHWRISurA.cspx

OUTSTANDING...may I suggest that we drop by a Dutch Bros pick up a cup of coffee, and drop of a little note or letter of support for their outstanding corporate reaction.

KUDO'S in this case!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearfrmhell View Post
    as per my email to dutch brother the day after the shooting, they get my coffee consumption dollars from now on, provided they dont find a way to force this man out when he returns.

tomorrow my family will buy 10 cups of dutch bros coffee, and with each purchase from now on we will make it known that we support the company that supports its brave employee.
    Yes. Kudos to Dutch Bros. and kudos to OCDO memebers. DB deserves as much support as Starbucks, perhaps more as they are a locally owned franchise.
    Live Free or Die!