Thread: Tampa jogger shoots at two teens, kills one

Lightbulb Tampa jogger shoots at two teens, kills one

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news...eens-kills-one

This is my old hometown from just three years back. This situation is similar to what one of our members experienced not too long ago. The results of what is happening to our member and this guy who was jogging are going to be vastly different.

Why? Because Florida has a true Castle Doctrine which protects the victim from criminal charges AND civil charges. The police in Florida are trained to not automatically assume the victim is the criminal and treat the victim with respect. We need the Castle Doctrine here in Wisconsin. Heck, if we get nothing else out of our legislature we have to get the Castle Doctrine and I don't mean a watered down version of it. Florida's Castle Doctrine goes WITH the person wherever that person has the legal right to be.

Banned
    Stand your ground!

Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    Stand your ground!
    +1, and nothing less.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

That Jogger messed up big time, he was not carrying a throw down.. a knife would have been good enough....Cuz I bet the cops don't find a weapon to back up his story.

..............---Moderator Note--
    .............Never alter the scene!
    Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

2 on 1,
    criminals being confrontational & argumentative,
    I can see someone being concerned for his well-being.

Nowhere to run away?
    Thought the attackers had a weapon?
    We'll have to watch for further news.

I'm curious why the second attacker left his jacket in the yard where he hid. Maybe he didn't want to look like a criminal, dressed in all black, with a co-conspirator similarly dressed, out past curfew, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Thumbs up

Keep in mind that Florida has (in my opinion) the best Castle Doctrine law of all the states. I can almost guarantee that the jogger will never be charged because he followed the law to the letter and he is protected by the Castle Doctrine. The Castle Doctrine in Florida is what we need here to protect the citizens from the criminals.

Two little gang bangers, dressed as gang bangers, acting like gang bangers and one of them "retiring" as a gang banger. I just hope the court system gives the survivor "some time to think" of the risk/reward spectrum of his current career!
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...