Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bi-lo No Weapons Allowed!!!

Bi-lo No Weapons Allowed!!!

Here we go, we shop @ 2 that we have nearby and the other night my girl had forgotton something,so we pull in there and she goes get whatever it was, so I decided to check out the dvd rental machine. I wasn't there not even 30 seconds, and here comes mr. armed store security guard and tells me that I'm going to have to leave because that (pointing to my firearm) isn't allowed in the store, so I asked since when because I'm always in here and that I had never been asked to leave, and that I also know for fact that the managers have seen me and have never said anything to me! Then Mr. Security says well you know the rules right and respond yes and he walks me to the door and shows me this BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mattwestm
    I've never been in a Bi-Lo in NC (I didn't even know there were any), but I have been in a few Bi-Los in SC. The state doesn't allow OC, but I wonder if they have the same policy for CC.
    Last edited by mattwestm; 11-26-2010 at 12:02 PM.

Same here, there's 1 Bi-Lo a couple miles up the road from me but HT, Bloom, Walmart, and FL are all closer and within my normal area of travel.

Is that sign new? It looks it. Have you called the manager to inquire about the (new) sign? Corporate too? If we need to do a Harris Teeter v.2 I'm in! I'll check out my local Bi-Lo (Mallard Creek Ch/Prosperity Church in Charlotte) tomorrow for signage.

Quote Originally Posted by jerz_subbie View Post
    Same here, there's 1 Bi-Lo a couple miles up the road from me but HT, Bloom, Walmart, and FL are all closer and within my normal area of travel.

Is that sign new? It looks it. Have you called the manager to inquire about the (new) sign? Corporate too? If we need to do a Harris Teeter v.2 I'm in! I'll check out my local Bi-Lo (Mallard Creek Ch/Prosperity Church in Charlotte) tomorrow for signage.
    Sent corporate an email,but I haven't spoken to the manager yet! It looks like a Harris Teeter v.2 is in order! Why should I leave the well being and safety of my family in the hands of some 1 else, I don't think so!!
    '

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    It is private property. Best to maintain a professional attitude in correspondence and phone calls - even as you push for acceptance.

Suggest that you contact Grass Roots North Carolina
    http://www.grnc.org/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

That looks like really tiny print for the "no shirt, no weapons" section. Certainly wouldn't have gotten my attention.

I got a chuckle from their claim that "this store is protected by video surveillance equipment".
    How's that work? When there's a robbery or assault, do the cameras clobber the criminals & the video tape ties them up?
    (Yeah, I know, I know, almost nobody uses tape any more. But a DVD could do even less, protection-wise.)
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    (Yeah, I know, I know, almost nobody uses tape any more. But a DVD could do even less, protection-wise.)
    The DVDs fly out of the recorders towards the criminals like Ninja stars. That's WAY more of a deterrent than being tied up by videotape...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    The DVDs fly out of the recorders towards the criminals like Ninja stars. That's WAY more of a deterrent than being tied up by videotape...
    Maybe that's why the "evidence" on the recorder always seems to be corrupted or missing.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

The only thing video surveillance will do is make you a star on the TV Show "Most Shocking" when they show you getting beaten, robbed, and shot because you were not allowed to carry there.

"armed store security guard and tells me that I'm going to have to leave because that (pointing to my firearm) isn't allowed in the store"

Did he kick himself out too!

Help!

I noticed the sign is up @ the steele creek store also,
    I spoke to the manager at the store that is right by me, a very nice guy by the name of Al which basically told me that unless corporate told him it to take it down there was nothing he could do, he did tell me that I was welcomed in his store with my weapon, he had no problems with that and I replied that at that point I would be breaking the law and that I rather not do that!! I still hven't gotten a response from corporate, so what's next ? I hate to lose the 80 cents per gallon of fuel I save shopping with them!! Just Kidding!!!!
    Last edited by r1dramma; 12-01-2010 at 05:53 PM.

Keep up with the correspondence until you hear something definitive. Maybe an email with a friendly reminder that you haven't heard back from them yet.

Until you hear something different, you have to go with what is current, sadly.

Unhappy Update!

It took sometime but I finally got a response!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-12-30.09.13.16.jpg 
Views:	527 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	4909  

Friend or Foe map and post this thread.

I didn't think you would get anything much different than that. Sad, but at least it's there on paper for you.

I've given up on Bi-Lo long ago though.

If its posted and they have a policy then theres not much you can do, however I would make it clear that your not going to do busniess there anymore. Its really your only recourse. I even heard of one guy who saved all his recipts for a couple months and mailed them to a store than had asked him to leave to show them how much busniess they were lousing. (Its probally more effective if more than one person does it though?)

I do find it luaghable that BiLos Letter says they forbid any weapons of any kind for the saftey of the store yet they find the need for an Armed Security guard?
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice

Quote Originally Posted by Sc0tt View Post
    If its posted and they have a policy then theres not much you can do, however I would make it clear that your not going to do busniess there anymore. Its really your only recourse. I even heard of one guy who saved all his recipts for a couple months and mailed them to a store than had asked him to leave to show them how much busniess they were lousing. (Its probally more effective if more than one person does it though?)

I do find it luaghable that BiLos Letter says they forbid any weapons of any kind for the saftey of the store yet they find the need for an Armed Security guard?
    He probably has one bullet in his pocket. If some one came in to rob the place he would be the first one out or they aren't allowed to use there weapon just for show.

I did tell them that I would no longer shop at any of their locations, I also took their bonus card and handed it back to the manager! This is going to take a lot more then just one persson!! I would like to see the same action that was taken with Harris Teeter happen to BI-LO.

Question

I don't think I was here for the Harris Teeter thing. What was the resoultion on the action against Harris Teeter?
    "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six..."

[ Kyd: "I think I'm gonna have "13 1/2" tattooed on my shoulder..."

Me: "Why the hell would you do that?"

Kyd: "Thats one judge, 12 jurors, and a half a chance I'm gonna get off..." ]

Quote Originally Posted by J_Oliver View Post
    I don't think I was here for the Harris Teeter thing. What was the resoultion on the action against Harris Teeter?
    Harris teeter took the signs down, here you go.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=harris+teeter

Has anybody thought to get Grass Roots North Carolina involved? The are pretty darn effective - especially in getting the word out and other people on board.
    www.grnn.org

Just filled out a contact form on their website, I don't shop there, but at least let them know I wont think of shopping there while their policy is in place, especially with Harris Teeter and Walmart both across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFIVE48 View Post
    Just filled out a contact form on their website, I don't shop there, but at least let them know I wont think of shopping there while their policy is in place, especially with Harris Teeter and Walmart both across the street.
    Thank You

Forgive me for bringing back an old thread, and if this has already been addressed...

I shop at Bi-lo here in SC, and I am concerned I am giving money to a corporation that is banning the carrying of firearms in its stores. I live in SC and have yet to see a no weapons sign (no concealed weapons sign, for us in SC) posted at an Bi-lo here.

I remember I read on some forum a few months ago, I can't remember which one, a story almost like this one, about Bi-lo banning firearms in its stores, at least in NC. After some research a few months ago using Google to search for Bi-lo's policy on firearms, I think I read some posts on another forum that some new ownership changed that policy. I could not find proof of a policy or proof that there was a change in that policy.

Now that I've seen this post, with a scanned in policy with a Bi-Lo letterhead letter, I may probe Bi-lo about this. Even if they allow firearms in there SC stores, and not in their NC stores, I will stop patronizing them. I will let them know that if that's the case, with a typed out letter and email.

Does anyone know if Bi-Lo changed their stance on firearms in there stores?
    Last edited by carsontech; 09-02-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post
    Forgive me for bringing back an old thread, and if this has already been addressed...

I shop at Bi-lo here in SC, and I am concerned I am giving money to a corporation that is banning the carrying of firearms in its stores. I live in SC and have yet to see a no weapons sign (no concealed weapons sign, for us in SC) posted at an Bi-lo here.

I remember I read on some forum a few months ago, I can't remember which one, a story almost like this one, about Bi-lo banning firearms in its stores, at least in NC. After some research a few months ago using Google to search for Bi-lo's policy on firearms, I think I read some posts on another forum that some new ownership changed that policy. I could not find proof of a policy or proof that there was a change in that policy.

Now that I've seen this post, with a scanned in policy with a Bi-Lo letterhead letter, I may probe Bi-lo about this. Even if they allow firearms in there SC stores, and not in their NC stores, I will stop patronizing them. I will let them know that if that's the case, with a typed out letter and email.

Does anyone know if Bi-Lo changed their stance on firearms in there stores?
    Check out post 13, and around here the signs are still posted.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast