• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bi-lo No Weapons Allowed!!!

r1dramma

Here we go, we shop @ 2 that we have nearby and the other night my girl had forgotton something,so we pull in there and she goes get whatever it was, so I decided to check out the dvd rental machine. I wasn't there not even 30 seconds, and here comes mr. armed store security guard and tells me that I'm going to have to leave because that (pointing to my firearm) isn't allowed in the store, so I asked since when because I'm always in here and that I had never been asked to leave, and that I also know for fact that the managers have seen me and have never said anything to me! Then Mr. Security says well you know the rules right and respond yes and he walks me to the door and shows me this BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

mattwestm

I've never been in a Bi-Lo in NC (I didn't even know there were any), but I have been in a few Bi-Los in SC. The state doesn't allow OC, but I wonder if they have the same policy for CC.

Last edited:

jerz_subbie

Same here, there's 1 Bi-Lo a couple miles up the road from me but HT, Bloom, Walmart, and FL are all closer and within my normal area of travel.

Is that sign new? It looks it. Have you called the manager to inquire about the (new) sign? Corporate too? If we need to do a Harris Teeter v.2 I'm in! I'll check out my local Bi-Lo (Mallard Creek Ch/Prosperity Church in Charlotte) tomorrow for signage.

r1dramma

Same here, there's 1 Bi-Lo a couple miles up the road from me but HT, Bloom, Walmart, and FL are all closer and within my normal area of travel.

Is that sign new? It looks it. Have you called the manager to inquire about the (new) sign? Corporate too? If we need to do a Harris Teeter v.2 I'm in! I'll check out my local Bi-Lo (Mallard Creek Ch/Prosperity Church in Charlotte) tomorrow for signage.

Sent corporate an email,but I haven't spoken to the manager yet! It looks like a Harris Teeter v.2 is in order! Why should I leave the well being and safety of my family in the hands of some 1 else, I don't think so!!
'

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is private property. Best to maintain a professional attitude in correspondence and phone calls - even as you push for acceptance.

Suggest that you contact Grass Roots North Carolina
http://www.grnc.org/

MKEgal

That looks like really tiny print for the "no shirt, no weapons" section. Certainly wouldn't have gotten my attention.

I got a chuckle from their claim that "this store is protected by video surveillance equipment".
How's that work? When there's a robbery or assault, do the cameras clobber the criminals & the video tape ties them up?
(Yeah, I know, I know, almost nobody uses tape any more. But a DVD could do even less, protection-wise.)

Dreamer

(Yeah, I know, I know, almost nobody uses tape any more. But a DVD could do even less, protection-wise.)

The DVDs fly out of the recorders towards the criminals like Ninja stars. That's WAY more of a deterrent than being tied up by videotape...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The DVDs fly out of the recorders towards the criminals like Ninja stars. That's WAY more of a deterrent than being tied up by videotape...

Maybe that's why the "evidence" on the recorder always seems to be corrupted or missing. :uhoh:

rscottie

The only thing video surveillance will do is make you a star on the TV Show "Most Shocking" when they show you getting beaten, robbed, and shot because you were not allowed to carry there.

lockman

State Researcher
"armed store security guard and tells me that I'm going to have to leave because that (pointing to my firearm) isn't allowed in the store"

Did he kick himself out too!

r1dramma

Help!

I noticed the sign is up @ the steele creek store also,
I spoke to the manager at the store that is right by me, a very nice guy by the name of Al which basically told me that unless corporate told him it to take it down there was nothing he could do, he did tell me that I was welcomed in his store with my weapon, he had no problems with that and I replied that at that point I would be breaking the law and that I rather not do that!! I still hven't gotten a response from corporate, so what's next ? I hate to lose the 80 cents per gallon of fuel I save shopping with them!! Just Kidding!!!!

Last edited:

rotorhead

Keep up with the correspondence until you hear something definitive. Maybe an email with a friendly reminder that you haven't heard back from them yet.

Until you hear something different, you have to go with what is current, sadly. :(

r1dramma

Update!

It took sometime but I finally got a response!!

Attachments

• 2010-12-30.09.13.16.jpg
    2010-12-30.09.13.16.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 539

rotorhead

I didn't think you would get anything much different than that. Sad, but at least it's there on paper for you.

I've given up on Bi-Lo long ago though.

Sc0tt

If its posted and they have a policy then theres not much you can do, however I would make it clear that your not going to do busniess there anymore. Its really your only recourse. I even heard of one guy who saved all his recipts for a couple months and mailed them to a store than had asked him to leave to show them how much busniess they were lousing. (Its probally more effective if more than one person does it though?)

I do find it luaghable that BiLos Letter says they forbid any weapons of any kind for the saftey of the store yet they find the need for an Armed Security guard?

bwhunter65

If its posted and they have a policy then theres not much you can do, however I would make it clear that your not going to do busniess there anymore. Its really your only recourse. I even heard of one guy who saved all his recipts for a couple months and mailed them to a store than had asked him to leave to show them how much busniess they were lousing. (Its probally more effective if more than one person does it though?)

I do find it luaghable that BiLos Letter says they forbid any weapons of any kind for the saftey of the store yet they find the need for an Armed Security guard?

He probably has one bullet in his pocket. If some one came in to rob the place he would be the first one out or they aren't allowed to use there weapon just for show.

r1dramma

I did tell them that I would no longer shop at any of their locations, I also took their bonus card and handed it back to the manager! This is going to take a lot more then just one persson!! I would like to see the same action that was taken with Harris Teeter happen to BI-LO.